- Four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ten years professional experience as Human Resources Specialist with direct client responsibilities.
- Personally responsible for making independent HR decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding of general HR processes and core competencies.
- Successful prior experience in development and execution of policies for employee populations.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Proven competence in developing relationships at multiple levels and across functions of an organization.
- Strong proven ability to operate independently and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through change initiatives.
- Proven ability to recruit, provide performance coaching and creating development plans for employees.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver difficult messages and provide objective feedback to employees and leadership.
- Demonstrated prior experience in conducting independent investigations on employee issues.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply process improvement approach to problem solving.
- Ability to create and act with credibility with key leadership and employee populations.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and to adapt to changing requirements.
- Physical Requirements: Sitting, Driving, Speaking, Carrying, Hearing, Seeing.
EFFECT ON THE END RESULT:
- Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Human Resources and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA
- The Human Resources Manager will support Association Human Resources goals to create a partnership with operational executives to achieve YMCA goals through hiring, developing and retaining Best in Class talent.
- Provide Human Resources annual planning and practical execution for the assigned client group - generally a YMCA Community of approximately 500 employees (approximately 10% full-time, 90% part-time).
- Develop and maintain significant partnership with Operational Executives at each assigned YMCA branch.
- Provide the operational perspective to the Metro Association on all HR related processes.
- Establish and carry out effective communication plans to ensure employees understand key association goals and measurements.
- Manage significant recruiting, staffing, and support individual development planning to ensure strong talent acquisition for the business.
- Provide guidance for performance feedback, employee development, and performance management to enhance individual and team performance.
- Manage compensation processes including implementing appropriate starting salaries and salary administration to effectively recognize performance.
- Establish organizational equity through analysis of structure and position grades and pay.
- Provide counsel on the development and practical application of employment policies and practices.
- Conduct independent investigations on key employee concerns including workplace and sexual harassment.
- Provide employee relations support across the assigned sites.
The effectiveness of the incumbent's performance may be measured by:
Salary: $46,124 - $57,655
- The degree to which the HRM is recognized by leadership and staff as a key contributor to Operational success at the assigned Y Community.
- Participation in the establishment and the consistent application of HR policies within the assigned branches.
- Employee and leadership satisfaction with employment with the YMCA as measured by Staff Satisfaction Survey.
- The degree to which the employees at the assigned Y Communities understand the Association goals.
- We understand and mutually accept that the above job description and supplement represent our agreements as to the job to be performed.
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...