- Four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ten years professional experience as Human Resources Specialist with direct client responsibilities.
- Personally responsible for making independent HR decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding of general HR processes and core competencies.
- Successful prior experience in development and execution of policies for employee populations.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Proven competence in developing relationships at multiple levels and across functions of an organization.
- Strong proven ability to operate independently and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through change initiatives.
- Proven ability to recruit, provide performance coaching and creating development plans for employees.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver difficult messages and provide objective feedback to employees and leadership.
- Demonstrated prior experience in conducting independent investigations on employee issues.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply process improvement approach to problem solving.
- Ability to create and act with credibility with key leadership and employee populations.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and to adapt to changing requirements.
- Physical Requirements: Sitting, Driving, Speaking, Carrying, Hearing, Seeing.
EFFECT ON THE END RESULT:
- Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Human Resources and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA
- The Human Resources Manager will support Association Human Resources goals to create a partnership with operational executives to achieve YMCA goals through hiring, developing and retaining Best in Class talent.
- Provide Human Resources annual planning and practical execution for the assigned client group - generally a YMCA Community of approximately 500 employees (approximately 10% full-time, 90% part-time).
- Develop and maintain significant partnership with Operational Executives at each assigned YMCA branch.
- Provide the operational perspective to the Metro Association on all HR related processes.
- Establish and carry out effective communication plans to ensure employees understand key association goals and measurements.
- Manage significant recruiting, staffing, and support individual development planning to ensure strong talent acquisition for the business.
- Provide guidance for performance feedback, employee development, and performance management to enhance individual and team performance.
- Manage compensation processes including implementing appropriate starting salaries and salary administration to effectively recognize performance.
- Establish organizational equity through analysis of structure and position grades and pay.
- Provide counsel on the development and practical application of employment policies and practices.
- Conduct independent investigations on key employee concerns including workplace and sexual harassment.
- Provide employee relations support across the assigned sites.
The effectiveness of the incumbent's performance may be measured by:
Salary: $46,124 - $57,655
- The degree to which the HRM is recognized by leadership and staff as a key contributor to Operational success at the assigned Y Community.
- Participation in the establishment and the consistent application of HR policies within the assigned branches.
- Employee and leadership satisfaction with employment with the YMCA as measured by Staff Satisfaction Survey.
- The degree to which the employees at the assigned Y Communities understand the Association goals.
- We understand and mutually accept that the above job description and supplement represent our agreements as to the job to be performed.
YMCA - 16 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...