Access a world of vacation possibilities with MLT Vacations, one of the largest tour operators in North America and manager of Delta Vacations, Continental Airlines Vacations, United Vacations and Worry-Free Vacations.
MLT is currently seeking a Programmer Analyst to join our Data Warehouse team. Ideal candidates should have two years of data warehouse experience and experience working with large databases, such as Oracle. A strong knowledge of ETL Tools and/or Business Intelligence tools preferred. If you’re looking for more than just another job, find the travel industry exciting and looking for a casual and friendly environment, then MLT Vacations has a perfect opportunity for you. Candidates should have ideals that embody our values of integrity, caring and hard work.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Develop software and application programs to enhance MLT Inc.'s information systems.
- Analyze existing software and software applications and design, code and test functionality enhancements.
- Maintain methods to ensure the integrity and availability of various environments for coding, programming, testing and production usage.
- Create and code programs, as needed, based on requirement definitions, complying with department standards and formulated project timelines.
- Provide support to users experiencing system related issues and questions.
- Generate and distribute reports pertaining to assigned responsibilities.
- Research industry trends and advancements and make recommendations to enhance MLT Inc.’s technology.
- Regularly evaluate processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Act in accordance with departmental privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Comply with all corporate and departmental policies/procedures and applicable governmental regulations.
- Attend and participate in meetings that pertain to assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, which may include cross-utilization within the department or with other departments.
- Provide support outside regular business hours.
- Actively participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing to ensure that in the event of a disaster, all applications can be restored to fulfill client and business contracts and objectives.
MLT Vacations offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to help you enjoy a balanced work and personal life. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Time-off, Paid Holidays, 401K with Company Match, Unlimited Worldwide Travel Privileges, Bonus Opportunities, Casual and Friendly Work Environment, Free parking, and more....
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of Data Warehousing with hands on application development experience required.
- Experience with Oracle databases required.
- Strong knowledge of ETL tools and/or Business Intelligence tools required.
- Knowledge of the PC including MS Word and Excel required.
- Experience with Informatica and/or QlikView preferred.
- Classic ASP programming experience required.
- .NET and/or Java programming experience preferred.
- Related experience in the Travel, Tour or Hospitality industries preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and solve problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully work on multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
Local applicants only please.
Submit your salary requirements along with resume.
MLT Vacations conducts background checks for all final applicants. EOE
Monster - 2 years ago
Worry-Free Vacations is a product of MLT Vacations®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Northwest Airlines® Corporation, and one of the la...