The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
A Pre-Employment Drug Test is a Condition of Employment
A Pre-Employment Physical is a Condition of Employment
Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment and participation in random drug testing.
- The primary purpose of this position is to perform as Aircraft Services Technician and responsible for the inspection, processing, handling, scheduling, and loading of shipments that require both general and unique handling.
- Receives, inspects and processes originating and terminating general and special handling cargo.
- Performs a broad range of materials handling assignments/activities, such as receiving, inspecting, storing, selecting transporting DTS material.
- Operates gas or diesel powered forklifts, Mechanized Material Handling System (MMHS), 463L Material Handling Equipment (MHE), general purpose vehicles, and warehousing tug.
The organizational location of this position is: Air Freight Flight, 734 th Air Mobility Squadron Andersen AFB Guam, 715 th Air Mobility Operations Group, Hickam AFB HI
EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; (e.g. WG-6900, Warehousing Family, dated Jul 1999). Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is: Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of HQ AMC, HQ USAF, Department of Defense, Department of Transportation and International policies, principles, practices and techniques for the transportation of special handling material.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of cargo aircraft configurations and limitations.
4. Knowledge of transportation documentation, codes, practices and printouts.
5. Knowledge of Joint Inspection applications, techniques, and qualifications.
6. Knowledge of accepted warehousing functions, material handling techniques, and inventory procedures (e.g., material receiving, issuing, storage) and preparation of inventory.
7. Knowledge of warehouse configuration, storage requirements and storage documentation requirements.
8. Ability to interpret and apply instructions, specifications, technical manuals, operating manuals.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, use and operate computer systems.
10. Skill in using hammers, snips, screwdrivers, pliers and other hand tools to unpack or disassemble boxes and crates.
11. Skill in operating general purpose vehicles, Mechanized Material Handling System, and 463L Material Handling Equipment to move, stack, un-stack, load and unload materials in and about warehouses, storage areas, loading docks, vehicles, and aircraft.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
Other significant facts pertaining to this position are:
- Shift work and/or overtime may be required.
- An appropriate, valid driver's license is required for the position.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.\
- As required, may train and/or guide other employees, Air Force Reservist/Air National Guard personnel on weekend and/or annual training.
- Must meet all certification requirements of the position.
- This is a "KEY" position. Incumbents must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30-Sep-96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of the position.
- This is a designated drug testing position. Incumbent of this position is subject to random drug testing for drug use.
The work requires walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, and bending, stooping, and pushing and pulling heavy material. The work requires working on hard surfaces and lifting and carrying weights up to 50 pounds. May handle heavier items with weight lifting equipment or with assistance from other workers.
Work is performed inside a warehouse or storage environment and outside in containment areas or flight line on a year-round basis. Subject to cuts, bruises, abrasions, and scrapes in moving or handling materials and equipment and to hazards involved, in working in proximity to moving equipment such as fork lifts, trucks, cranes, and other material, handling equipment. Employee may be subject to hot, damp, cold, windy or poorly lighted areas or exposed to dust, dirt, grease, solvents, and high noise areas. May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hard hats, protective clothing, steel-toed shoes, gloves, mask, eye protection and hearing protection devices.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8 0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...