Administer unemployment Compensation program and liaises with third party claims administrator, TALX.
Serves as initial claims contact with TALX.
Prepares case materials for review and maintain files and close cases according to established procedures as it pertains to Unemployment Compensation.
Works with the Employee Relations Specialist to determine hearing participants and arrange preparation meeting with TALX representatives.
Administers FMLA/General Medical leave requests.
Sets up and assists in managing records relating to leave administration, preparation of preliminary research for correspondence to employees and medical providers for review by Employee Relations Specialists.
Tracks monthly Unauthorized Absence List for required actions.
Notifies and assists Employee Relations Specialists with LOA escalations and provides assistance in case file preparation and maintenance of tracking log.
Prepares correspondence as requested.
Ensures property is in compliance in regards to unemployment and FMLA/General Medical leaves.
Runs Monthly Unemployment reports for review and analysis.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years experience working in a fast-paced environment providing service to several administrative support team members.
- Ability to read and evaluate written material, maintain the physical and mental stamina to multi-task and meet targeted deadlines.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills and ability to draft documents upon request.
- Ability to pull and run reports in Excel and Showcase queries.
- Proficiency working with software to include Internet, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to use office equipment such as copier, fax machine, scanner, and multi-line telephone.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with management, employees, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Organizational skills to function effectively with attention to detail while meeting established deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...