Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc., (HTSI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell headquartered in Columbia, MD with annual revenues of approximately $1B. We are a recognized leader in delivering engineering, information, logistics and professional services to clients in the space, defense, logistics and information technology markets. HTSI has been active in every NASA mission since 1958, and provides services to the U.S. military, the Department of Energy, and the U.S. Geological Survey at locations around the world.
Daily Responsibilities The Honeywell team is looking for forward thinking SQL Database Administrator interested in providing world class support to the Joint Task Force Capital Medical community. You will provide critical project support, service monitoring and restoration, testing and troubleshooting to the entire Fort Belvoir Community Hospital users.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of Relational Database infrastructure, software, upgrades and patches
- Maintenance of all FBHC supported database solutions
- Monitoring and response for all database systems
- Database capacity planning resource utilization monitoring and management
- Backup and recovery procedures
- Design and implementation of database security strategies for user access levels
- Database structure, auditing, patch management other tasks as need to ensure regulatory compliance and a proactive security posture
- User account administration
- Analysis and tuning to maintain and enhance database operations and integrity
- SQL and UNIX shell script development
- Support for client connectivity to the database
- Technical assistance to application developers and end-users and IA representatives
- Experience locking down SQl Server in accordance with DISA stigs.
- Experience setting up clustered servers
- Experience with replicating & mirroring
- Performance tuning
- Database design & architecture
- Knowledge of SQL Server A Must
- MySQL and PostgresSQL A Plus
Degree in Information Technology plus 5 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, 13 years of related experience.
Basic Qualifications Requires one or more of the following certifications required:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL Database Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Technology IT Professional (MSITP) for SQL Server 2008
- PostgreSQL Plus Certification
Honeywell - 18 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...