Under supervision of the Director of Admissions, this position is responsible for the recruitment and selection of qualified applicants for admission to programs of Virginia College and for appropriate follow-up to assure successful matriculation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Associate’s degree preferred with 1 to 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Meet or exceed activity and performance standards for the position.
2. Determine eligibility for admission of new and readmitted students; classify and place students into appropriate academic units.
3. Advise students and families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other requirements, and policies and procedures as appropriate.
4. Assist each prospective student in an honest, caring and thorough manner.
5. Be aware of, and assure adherence to, all regulatory requirements.
6. Maintain a lead management system and perform appropriate contact activities to optimize the value of the college’s significant investment in marketing.
7. Master the data recording requirements of the role in order to maintain clean, accurate records of student interactions and transactions.
8. Obtain referrals from students and prospects to augment paid advertising and enhance performance results.
9. Conduct effective phone presentations and interviews with each candidate.
10. Increase percentage of enrollments and starts from leads through training, experience, and diligent follow-up with prospects through correspondence and routine phone conversations to provide assistance and completion of the enrollment process.
11. Participate in the college’s significant activities including, but not limited to, student registration, student orientation, graduation and College/Career Days.
12. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Ability to achieve performance standards with close supervision.
· Ability to organize and execute daily activities to achieve performance goals.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available college academic units, curricula, and programs.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
· Organizing and coordinating skills.
· Knowledge of college admissions policies, standards, and procedures.
· Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases.
· Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
· Ability to gather and accurately record data.
· Ability to nominally evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
· Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
· Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Education Corporation of America - 2 years ago
Education Corporation of America® owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet...