As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics is seeking a Tier 1 Help Desk Analyst. This position supports the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) 11,000 employees with basic IT support of their desktop PCs to include basic operating system support (Windows XP/7), Microsoft Office 2007, local/network printer setup, password resets for PeopleSoft, Maximo, Active Directory, and VPN accounts. Candidates will need to have a basic understanding of IT Service Management processes (Incident, Problem, Service Level, and Service Catalogue) as they pertain to a Tier 1 Help Desk, and will need to have familiarity working in a fast-paced, team oriented, customer service type atmosphere. The WMATA Tier 1 Service Desk is a 24x7x365 operation supporting WMATA and their employees.
Job duties are as follows:
• Receive and answer all incoming Tier 1 calls from WMATA employees
• For each call enter the information into Maximo Service Request and initiate a trouble ticket
• Provide initial triage and problem determination to determine the severity of the user's incident
• Provide basic troubleshooting skills on Windows operating systems, local/network printer setup, and password resets for various systems
• Monitor and track incidents to resolution, including updating all tickets with pertinent information and all troubleshooting steps taken to resolve all incidents
• Escalate unresolved incidents to the Tier 2 or Tier 3 level for further troubleshooting
• Distribute software packages across the network to a user's computer without affecting their uptime
• Exercise remote access capability to perform troubleshooting routines on a specific desktop following user consent
• Dispatch hardware repair or OEM vendor support for warrantied equipment
Education/Equivalent Training Requirement:
Associate's Degree from an accredited U.S. school or equivalent related work experience.
Candidate MUST possess any two (or equivalent) of the following certifications: A+, MCP, HDI Support Center Specialist, Network+, or ITIL v3 Foundation.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
Candidates are required to have relevant experience in supporting an IT Help Desk and with using an Enterprise Ticket Management Systems.
• Excellent phone and email communication skills
• Experience using an enterprise ticketing system like Maximo or Remedy
• Experience using remote access software like GoToMyPC, PC Anywhere, LanDesk, or Dell KACE
• Solid PC troubleshooting skills in order to help novice users with computer problems
• Good understanding of Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 7 & XP)
• Good understanding of basic networking properties and network technologies (routers, switches, firewalls, etc…)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, team-oriented environment
• Ability to meet customer service level agreements with respect to call statistics, ticket resolution rates, and customer follow-up times
May be required to work shift work to support a 24x7x365 help desk operation.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. with the ability to pass a WMATA background security check.
Number of Positions
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 8 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...