We are searching for a Lead Front Desk Supervisor to join our busy and fast-paced East Providence practice. The Lead Front Desk Supervisor will supervise the front office staff as well as perform the duties of medical secretary. This position reports directly to the office manager and practice physicians. Considering the dynamic nature of this position, we are looking for a team player who is eager to learn and cooperate.
Coastal Medical is R.I.'s largest Primary Care practice, serving patients in R.I. and southeastern Massachusetts. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal Medical employs over 350 professionals in a variety of roles and functions including MDs, RNs, PAs, lab technicians, financials, IT, and medical billers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and supervises front office staff and tasks to ensure compliance and maintain effective workflow.
- Facilitates a positive and efficient office environment by setting an example for staff in modeling professional performance and conduct.
- Supervision of clinical processes (not staff) and adherence to existing protocols and methods of processing.
- Answering phones, scheduling appointments, completing prior authorizations and coordinating specialist appointments for patients within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Communicates pertinent information to patients and team members
- Accurately documents pertinent information via the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Complies with OSHA and DOH standards
- Adheres to all Coastal Medical confidentiality & HIPPA policies
- Provides superior customer service and outstanding patient care
- 1-3 years of prior front-office management experience
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with medical practice software (experience with E-Clinical or other Electronic Medical Records highly desired)
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to show care and compassion in dealings with patients
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com
- Demonstrates problem solving capabilities and the ability to follow through to ensure problem resolution.
- Is proactive in identifying areas in need of manager attention.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented personality
- Ability to multi-task and operate under pressure
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
Coastal Medical, Inc. - 18 months ago