Staff Programmer Analyst – Oracle RMS
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a staff programmer analyst to join our Merchandising & Supply Chain Technology team as we intensify the pace of innovation and move toward ambitious future growth through technology solutions.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
An ideal Staff programmer analyst is self-starter, motivated and team-oriented individual who thrives in intellectually challenging environments, He or she enjoys solving problems and is passionate about working with team members to create high-quality, leading edge technology solutions.
The Staff programmer analyst will work in partnership with developers, business partners, vendor resources, project managers and architects to ensure successful delivery and implementation of a project.
- Lead a team of developers in the implementation of projects
- Exercise leadership throughout the development life cycle and focus on delivery of quality solutions
- Meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking efficiently, coordinating dependencies with other groups in multiple time zones
- Partner with business teams to gather and translate business functional requirements into technical solutions
- Responsible for effort estimation, development, review and approval of requirements, design, code and configurations
- Develop high level design/solution approach strategies for application and/or technology solutions
- Provide root cause analysis to resolve complex technical/application issues
- Collaborate with application architects and developers to design and develop highly reliable, scalable and robust solutions
- Evangelize the architectural vision and direction among delivery team members, mentor and guide delivery team members through all phases of the project
- Stay current with changing technologies and tools
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline/experience preferred
- 4+ years of progressive experience as a senior developer on major projects
- 6+ years development, implementation and maintenance of large-scale systems on UNIX and Oracle platform needed
- Experience with implementation of services using SOA concepts preferred
- Experience with implementing & supporting Oracle Retail Merchandising Suite of apps (Oracle Retail MOM suite of applications, like Oracle RMS, Oracle RPM, Oracle Retail SIM, Oracle RPAS apps) preferred
- Experience with integration of MOM applications with Legacy applications preferred
- Experience in using a variety of IT management tools such as PVCS/Dimensions/GIT
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including comprehension and verbal skills, written communication, conflict resolution, teamwork and cooperation, and relationship building
- Ability to manage and prioritize your own workload
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player as well as an independent performer
- Strong mentoring abilities
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...