Parallon Business Solutions includes financial services, revenue operations, patient account services, health information management, and human resources for our non-hospital lines of business, allowing patient care delivery partners to direct all of their attention and commitment to quality patient care.
Interviews patients or their representatives, and enters accurate information onto appropriate forms and into the computer system. Collects appropriate co-payments, and obtains signatures and escorts patients to destination if required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Must be able to work a flexible shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays**
· Must demonstrate proficiency in basic computer skills for data entry; typing skills required
· Must possess effective professional interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively on the phone, in person and in writing with patients, patient's parents, visitors, employees and providers.
· Demonstrated history of excellent service skills as exhibited by courtesy, cooperative spirit and tact when interacting with employees, patients and visitors.
· Able to work as a member of a team.
· Able to perform more than one work related task simultaneously.
· Able to sit for long periods of time, stand, lift up to 25 pounds, use a keyboard, headset, reach, and perform fine motor tasks such as writing and filing
· Must perform basic mathematic calculations, balance and reconcile figures
· Must be punctual and dependable with a willingness to learn new tasks and incorporate them into daily routine.
· 1-year experience in a health care setting or position as receptionist or cashier with high volume personal contact with the public is highly desirable.
· Able to attend two weeks paid training Monday- Friday, 8-5pm approximately
· Must have reliable transportation*
*PRN Registrars float as required within defined San Antonio service line (across Methodist HealthCare facilities).
**Float pool PRN Registrar with minimum requirement to work 40 hours per schedule (schedules are 4 week periods), 4 holidays per year, and 6 weekends on call per year
Parallon Business Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
During your first day at Houston Methodist, you'll discover what makes us unique: a passion and spirit that serve our patients and mission...