HomeAdvisor.com, headquartered just west of downtown Denver, CO, is the leading online marketplace connecting homeowners with prescreened and customer-rated home service professionals. We are currently seeking an experienced, results-driven Accounting Manager who will oversee our lean, focused accounting team in our fast-paced business environment. The ideal candidate will have a blend of public or internal audit and private/industry accounting experience, be deadline-driven, be academically strong with a proven track record of on-the-job performance, and have a desire to excel in and improve our innovative and ever-changing company.
What you'll be doing:
- Supervise and mentor a tenured team of two accountants and one payables accountant
- Manage and review the month-end close
- Prepare quarterly MD&A reporting
- Formalize process documentation and cross training
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Assist in internal and external audit process
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as directed by both the Director, Accounting and SVP, Finance and Accounting
HomeAdvisor is at the forefront of Denver companies when it comes to a work/life balance.
HomeAdvisor offers a full range of benefits that start the first of the month after you start, as well as up to 26 days off per year.
We offer a generous salary plus commission compensation package, where what you take home is directly reflective of your success.
Paid training and continuing education affords you professional development opportunities.
Other great perks like an on-site Massage Therapist, free soda, dry cleaning drop-off and delivery, and other discounts and services.
Why do WE like working here? Simple – our product, what we do, and the people we work with.
Required Experience:What it takes to work here:
Keyword: Accounting Manager
- Minimum 5+ years of general ledger experience, including Big 4, Public, or Internal Audit experience
- Bachelor's Degree; CPA, CMA or advanced Accounting/Business degree is a plus
- Prior team management experience
- Demonstrable strong understanding of, and ability to apply, accounting theory and US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
- Advanced Excel skills; knowledge of Peachtree and ADP is a plus
- Flexible, adaptable, and dependable, as our environment is ever-growing and changing