Position works on an as needed/ PRN basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine in the Cardiovascular Division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Normal ultrasound department environment with exposure to bodily fluids, chemicals, and electrical hazards, may lift, position, push and/ or transfer patients at times and have some pressure caused by adherence to patient examination schedules.
Position performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations for subsequent evaluation and treatment by attending physicians. Interacts with patients, staff and physicians to ensure appropriate patient care and effective teamwork.
1. Performs ultrasound examinations per scanning protocols, correcting patient history with examination and presents study to physician for examination while adhering to patient schedules.
2. Assists physicians with procedures, providing sonographic guidance during process, obtains necessary supplies and equipment and monitors patient needs assisting physicians with patient support.
3. Teaches ultrasound procedures and techniques to visitors in the department such as residents, students, fellows and new sonographers, and enhances own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and conferences.
4. Maintains documentation as required including patient files, performs data entry, and completes paperwork needed for procedures/processes.
5. Develops film through automatic processing, monitoring darkroom supplies and equipment.
6. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
7. Performs phlebotomy and injections when required.
8. Assists with maintaining supplies and equipment.
9. Assists clerical staff with front desk support when needed.
Equivalent of High School diploma and registered or registry eligible status (A.R.D.M.S.) required.
Experience in ultrasound preferred.
Working knowledge of ultrasound equipment and procedures with interpersonal and communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $23.87 to $30.44 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should attach a cover letter and current resume.
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis - 22 months ago
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...