Sr. Test Engineer (Job Number: 322177)
The Health Solutions Business Unit is seeking a Sr. Test Engineer in Falls Church, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the preparation and execution of tests for software products as well as reporting test results
· Prepare test scripts and all required test documentation including the design and preparation of test data and test scenarios for the testing of enterprise applications and interfaces.
· Leads team to execute a successful test program using both automated and manual procedures.
· Apply Agile test methodologies, accounting for all limitations and restrictions to support test program manager for complex, state-of-the-art test programs.
· Conducting analysis of complex software applications and system functionality.
· Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
· Perform and lead testing activities to verify successful implementation of application requirements via manual testing of daily builds using test procedures, regression, negative and black box testing.
· Perform ad-hoc testing evaluation to ensure compliance of quality standards.
· Write test plans (to include objectives, methodologies, instrumentation requirements, analysis, safety etc) and test procedure documents.
· Provide analytical expertise for new requests, and for production issues/defects reported in our existing systems (e.g. trending and root causal analysis).
· Conduct analysis of output data, provide results and recommendations. Independently assess system performance against stated requirements. Reviews test results and evaluates for conformance to design. Record test defects and success in the identified tracker recording system.
· Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
· May supervise others.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
· Strong leadership and organization skills.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
· Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams.
· Demonstrated ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution.
· Has domain knowledge on Enterprise Technologies and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems.
· Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
· Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
· Most be able to direct all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test results.
· Requires US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
· B.S. in Computer Science or other related work experience will be considered
· 10 or more years of testing large scale software applications
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Software development experience in the following areas:
- Ability to develop test tools utilizing various languages (JAVA, JEEE, VB6, VB.NET, C#, SQL)
- BlackBox and Automated Testing tools and technologies
- Agile development/test methodologies
- AHLTA System experience and architecture
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2013, 12:10:06 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FALLS CHURCH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: ADP2 / IT2
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 12 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...