MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, RISK AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $81,666 - $134,000
Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) is accepting on-line applications for the position of Executive Directo r , Risk and Benefits. This position is responsible for the supervision and administration of programs in the Office of Risk and Benefits Management by providing resources and recommendations to assess and reduce risk, avoid losses and reduce legal liability. Oversees the Board's fringe benefits program, workers’ compensation program, property and liability programs , property loss control/disaster recovery, and/or loss prevention programs . Review s all contracts, leases and professional agreements executed by the Sc hool Board for compliance with School Board rules and state laws , proper insurance requirements and recommend alternative language as appropriate .
The position must develop and maintain computer programs to manage the insurance requirements for high volume contracts, leases and professional agreements executed by the School Board.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Responsible for the procurement and administration of the purchase of third party insurance .
2. Reviews all contracts, leases and professional agreements executed by the School Board for compliance with School Board rules and state laws for compliance of proper insurance requirements. Recommends alternative language as appropriate.
3. Develops and maintains computer application programs to manage the insurance requirements for high volume contracts, leases and professional agreements executed by the School Board.
4. Administers the Board’s insurance program s.
5. Act s as a resource for the School Board regarding risk management, including insurance, risk i dentification and assessment , and loss prevention .
6. Work s in conjunction with insurance brokers and agents, direct writing insurance companies, claims administration companies, medical managed care companies, risk management consultant , and /or actuarial firms.
7. Support s faculty and staff by providing resources and recom mendation to assess and reduce risk, avoid losses, reduce legal liability.
8. Maintains adequate written and oral communications with Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) personnel, vendors, contractors, architects and /or insurance agents to represent the School Board regarding insurance matters.
9. Assists the Risk and B enefits Officer on those insurance matters relating to risk exposures and current legislation affecting risk transfer.
10. Performs other duties related to general administrative responsibilities of the position.
MI N IMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. B achelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
2. Certification(s) in Insurance field preferred.
3. Minimum of seven ( 7 ) years of technical experience in either: insurance agency operations, insurance underwriting, corporate risk management or comparable work experience .
4. Minimum of five (5 ) years of supervisory experience. At least five (5 ) years all-lines claims adjusting experience.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
If interested in applying, M-DCPS has implemented a web-based registration and application tool thru E-recruiting, for new candidates and/or current employees. Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp Application deadline for this position is April 3 0, 2014 before 4pm.
The School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida adheres to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and educational programs/activities as specified by Federal and State laws and School Board Policies.