With minimum supervision, individual will operate and maintain all aspects of the Surveillance Precision Eclectic Tracking Range Environment (SPECTRE) System, AN/SPS-67 radar, Remote Control and Monitoring System (RCMS), Large Area Tracking Range (LATR) System, and New Cooperative Tracking System (NCTS). Troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate all systems and associated equipment and performs other related tasks on a wide range of electronic systems and equipment as directed.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Performs periodic inspections and maintenance tasks in accordance with published procedures and/or OEM guidelines. Documents results of all maintenance actions in systems and equipment records.
- Troubleshoots and repairs systems/equipment by reading and interpreting electronic/mechanical schematics and using simple and complex test equipment.
- Prepares monthly system reports for SPECTRE, LATR, NCTS, RCMS, Q10 radar and associated surveillance equipment.
- Installs, checks, calibrates and performs acceptance tests on new and relocated systems and equipment as directed.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports when directed.
- Assists in preparing and developing new procedures, procedural changes and modification proposals.
- Maintains configuration control on assigned systems.
- Support PMRF operations involving SPECTRE, AN/SPS-67, AN/SPS-134, LATR and NCTS systems.
- Sets-up, checks-out, operates and monitors systems and equipment in support of Range Operations. Responds to changing operational requirements when directed.
- Assist assigned Information Assurance System Administrators in maintaining IA Security Certification as well as current hardware/software configuration of all assigned systems.
- Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor. Required Experience: • Ten years of progressive experience in a related field with a minimum of five years experience in the specific field of assignment is required.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic electronics both RF and Digital, computers, computer networking, and LANs troubleshooting and repair.
- Knowledge of surveillance radar and IFF systems fundamentals.
- Possess working knowledge of electronics theory and be proficient in reading and interpreting complicated schematic diagrams for troubleshooting and repair to the component level.
- Must be able to use, apply and understand complex test and measuring equipment.
- Must have a soldering certificate from a commercial firm, technical school or Navy school. Clearance Level Required at Start Date Secret Percent of Travel Required Less than 25% Work Status Full-Time