Pacific Medical Centers has been selected as one of Washington’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 as determined by Seattle Business Monthly magazine. PacMed’s employees collectively agreed that the organization offers an inspiring workplace with a strong patient-focused team environment and ample career-building opportunities. PacMed’s mission of service to the community is important to its employees and uniquely defines the organization as a whole.
We are always focused on quality patient care and servicing the community. We have been in the healthcare industry since 1933 and have expanded to 10 locations in Washington State. We have more than 160 plus primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long-term relationship with our patients.
This is your opportunity to join a leading healthcare organization. Pacific Medical Centers is currently seeking a dynamic Medical Assistant - Refill Coordinator to join our team.
JOB SUMMARY : Completes the refill process for an assigned group of providers under the supervision of a registered nurse or provider in accordance with approved policies, procedures and protocols. May also be responsible for injections and walk-in nurse visits. Communicates with pharmacies, insurance carriers and patients to ensure refills of medications are completed timely and accurately. Documents all refills in the practice management system or EMR, and tracks all communication and refills.
- Must have graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting program, high school diploma or equivalent.
- HCA certification (Level A & C, E for clinic guidelines) applied for within one month of successful completion of orientation period.
- Basic Life Support certification within 2 month of hire.
- Computer skills, including typing, email, word-processing.
- 2+ years recent experience in a patient care setting
- 3+ years recent MA experience in a patient care setting preferred.
- Experience with medication refills preferred.
- Recent experience in an out-patient setting preferred.
BENEFITS : Pacific Medical Centers' offers competitive benefits, including paid medical/dental/vision for employees, 29 days Paid Time Off per year to start, retirement programs, tuition reimbursement and more.
- Demonstrated application of excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to type, utilize practice management system,
- Knowledge of medications, including side and therapeutic effects
- Ability to use Fax, e-mail, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to attend to details, prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system preferred.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
** Background checks, drug screens, and influenza vaccination or proof of immunization will be required for all candidates selected for this position
**Pacific Medical Centers is an equal opportunity/AA employer
Pacific Medical Centers - 16 months ago