To supervise and coordinate the activities of the warehouse employees in meeting shipping and receiving requirements to meet/exceed location operating goals/efficiencies. The position reports to the Plant Manager at the operating plant. Areas of focus will include management of warehouse and distribution services, leading a team of Warehouse personnel, as well as, communicating with Purchasing and Sales Departments to ensure a timely, quality product is delivered to our customers. In addition, the Warehouse & Distribution Manager will develop mid-to-long-range plans that achieve all operational and cost objectives. Must be a self-starter, able to work with little supervision, ability to multi-task, good organizational skills, college degree, and excellent computer skills.
- Based on changing business needs, update and communicate the strategic plan to balance on-time delivery, damage free delivery and cost effective delivery.
- Maintain effective relationships with logistics providers through management of Freight Payment and Freight Claims responsibilities.
- Identify the transportation needs, solicit and evaluate carrier proposals to meet those needs, provide final recommendations on overall carrier selection and lane/site assignment, while balancing both cost and service needs.
- Monitor overall carrier performance (service, cost, process improvements, and performance issues), involve cross functional team members in resolution where necessary, and ensure carrier compliance with all technical (EDI) and business process requirements.
- As needed, participate as a subject matter expert on Lean Six Sigma (LSS) project teams. Gain internal certification in the LSS process and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Communicate daily direction to the warehouse associates that support our vendors’ and customers’ requirements.
- Deliver quality customer service through timeliness and accuracy of order fulfilment, as well as consistent adherence to account-specific directions provided by the sales organization.
- Manage all functions related to inventory location and maintaining accuracy of inventory assets.
- Maintain workplace safety standards, monitor compliance and respond to and investigate all safety & security issues.
- Hands-on management of our 230,000 sq. ft. Distribution Center.
- Coordinate all outbound parcel, LTL carriers and help with inventory management.
- Manage warehouse operations. Provide and solicit ideas for improvements.
- Coordinate with Production Planning to insure product availability.
- Daily communications with sales and customer service to maintain service requests and requirements.
- Oversee storage of raw materials, finished goods, and packaging.
- Supervision of all warehouse employees.
- Responsible for meeting established distribution-related quality, service, safety, compliance, cost and management objectives in a designated distribution center.
- Provide performance reviews as necessary.
- 4-year college degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Transportation, or General Business Management.
- 4-5 years of closely related work experience, preferably in Transportation Management
- Experience managing people is required
- A team player that excels in developing strong internal and external working relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills.
- Good computer skills - SAP or other ERP systems; Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
This position requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the capacity to influence others.
- Working knowledge of total distribution functions, requiring detail analysis and cost control.
- The job requires being honest and ethical in all business dealings.
- The job requires being reliable, responsible, and personally accountable for accomplishing results.
- The job requires the ability to build a team spirit on a number of levels, and positive work environment.
Rexam - 9 months ago
Can you think of a better way to preserve, protect, and promote beverages? Rexam Beverage Can! Rexam Beverage Can is one of the biggest...