Reporting into Nuance’s Senior Vice President, Global Operations, the Vice President, Global Procurement will be a key member of the leadership team and will be the Company’s most senior procurement executive. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, driving and developing a cross functional team of more than 10. The successful candidate will drive the Procurement activities and strategy through continued evaluation, analysis, development, and institutionalization of strategic sourcing. It is vital that this Vice President will have demonstrated success in acquisition integration of procurement functions and will work across all internal constituencies as well as our Strategic Partners and ensure timely resolution to cost related change requests. This individual must be able to build and establish business operating credibility and be able to understand commercial contract issues, negotiate, and advise or craft plans to address potential issues /concerns proactively to better manage cost and delivery resulting in cost improvement and improved efficiency and productivity. Lastly, the successful candidate will be able to conduct benchmark activities on cost and key SLAs performance against industry standards. This individual will be responsible for managing the procurement policies and ensure Nuance’s entire supply chain follows Company policies and procedures and complies with internal order management requirements.
- Coordinating purchasing and strategic sourcing activities as well as assisting the coordination and implementation of finance activities that support Procurement including accounting, auditing, budgetary, planning and control management.
- Build and manage a “Best in Class” metric driven department. Conduct bid processes which result in the best pricing with the highest quality of goods and services.
- Development of category procurement leaders capable of being effective business partners in a matrix environment
- Coordinate daily work activities; organize and prioritize work. Monitor status of work in progress and inspect completed work. Consult with assigned staff. Assist with complex problem situations and provide technical expertise.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all applicable codes, laws, regulations, standards and procedures. Initiate any action necessary to correct deviations and violations.
- Direct, administer, coordinate and monitor government programs. Reviews grant documents to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Assist with budget reporting and identify budgetary changes in patterns. Assist in planning long and short term capital purchases.
- Conduct and supervise internal audit of purchasing transactions, funds, and records. Coordinate purchasing activities. Review purchase orders to ascertain accuracy, proper accounting and conformity with bid quote.
- Monitor current price contracts and specifications. Determine best method of procurement for each purchase to ensure compliance with company policy and guidelines.
- Recommend contracts with vendors and develop new supply sources.
- Coordinate bidding process: draft specifications for equipment purchases; assist other departments in drafting equipment specifications as needed: submit requests for bids proposals to vendors or service providers; and make purchasing recommendations.
- Provide information and assistance to other departments regarding purchasing issues; provide training to new department staff, managers, and directors regarding purchasing policies; provide training to other remote offices.
- Prepare or complete various forms, reports, correspondence, bid specifications, bid schedule, budget documents, audit reports or other documents.
- Maintain and manage current catalogs, purchasing items, prices lists, vendor information for reference in Oracle iProcurement Module.
The successful candidate will have proven him/herself through successful accomplishments and leadership in a global software technology company of scale with a demonstrated understanding of procurement, supply chain, purchasing principles, and knowledge of procurement ERP modules and tools. This individual will also have strong business and financial acumen.
At a personal level, we are seeking an entrepreneurial procurement executive that can get passionate about building Nuance. The preferred individual will be psychologically mature, flexible, analytically disciplined, and highly defined in terms of his/her interpersonal style. The firm’s Vice President Purchasing must have demonstrated the capacity to be both disciplined on matters of detail and incisive regarding the “big picture.” While operationally intensive, this job also has a decidedly strategic dimension. The ability to confront, address and negotiate difficult situations in a diplomatic and tactful manner is critical to the success of this individual. A self-starter, the successful candidate must also be able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
The ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in is a must; so too is the ability to handle multiple functions simultaneously and independently. Further attributes include a very strong drive, dedication and work ethic; extreme team orientation with the ability to contribute; and the ability to thrive in a company environment. H/She must be an articulate, open communicator, inquisitive, and not afraid to challenge; and, detail-oriented, fiscally prudent, process-oriented, and control-oriented.
The requirement is for a person of substantial knowledge, analytical rigor and financial acumen. The successful candidate will have come from a mid to large sized company with a worldwide footprint and significant experience in procuring services on a worldwide basis. The Vice President will possess a strong executive and leadership presence along with the ability to quickly establish and build credibility with the senior executives, as well as peers. These qualities, however, cannot be the only or, for that matter, the dominant dimension to the individual’s personality. Business judgment regarding procurement and the ability to persuasively articulate ideas in both oral and written form, a sense of humor, and entrepreneurial energy are at the core of what is required in this individual.
From an educational perspective, only a Bachelor’s degree is required, however a Masters Degree as well is preferred; it must be understood, however, that education, while an important index of achievement and intellectual capacity, will not constitute the primary variable in this decision process. Personal characteristics and demonstrated business accomplishment in information technology will serve as the key components in the evaluation of candidates.
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
Nuance - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Our...