In the performance of their tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following Superior values:
INTEGRITY “Adhering to our principles” EXCELLENCE “Continually raising the industry standard”
COMMITMENT “Upholding our promises” PARTNERSHIP “Creating positive relationships”
Drive and operate TAC Truck / Asphalt Distributor safely and effectively. This position is responsible for moving or operating distributor, driving to terminal to pick up load of liquid asphalt; oil grease, or otherwise service and make necessary adjustments to equipment as needed, snaps or screws on spray bars to attain required width of spray, turns valve to regulate flow of material at specified rate, observes distribution of material over road surface to ensure uniform distribution; monitors flow gauges, tachometer, and temperature gauge, oils and lubricates equipment, preventative maintenance; and other duties as needed.
- Transport and drive equipment to and from regionally located job sites in a safe timely manner.
- Assist, load and supervise loading of truck to ensure proper order and weight distribution, assure safety and minimal risk to cargo, equipment and danger to people.
- Move levers to operate and control equipment, sprinkler system and computerized controls, distributing and controlling materials to ensure product meets Superior quality and safety standards.
- Maintain complete and accurate records such as; daily log, fuel tickets, delivery documentation, and other logs and documents in compliance with government regulations and Superior policies.
- Obtain shipping documents and necessary signatures and return to the appropriate department as required.
- Inspect, monitor gauges and equipment, provide and document proper routine maintenance of truck, vacuum, sweeper, equipment, and supplies according to established policies. Report concerns or problems immediately.
- Open and close fire hydrants to refill tanks. Safely refuel equipment utilizing diesel and propane. Dump debris collected at specific locations only.
- Maintain good internal and external customer relations and immediately report problems with product quality, customer satisfaction and traffic.
- Survey job site and unload cargo, by hand, in a safe location that is convenient for the paving crews.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving skills and driving in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds and difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, r tight loading dock areas.
- Promptly report any delays, traffic, weather or emergency conditions, irregularities in pickup or delivery of cargo, safety hazards en route, or accidents involving driver or company equipment.
- Operate trucks and equipment according to all laws, VDOT regulations and observes all safety regulations established by Superior and the Department of Motor Vehicles for the safe operation of a commercial vehicle.
- Maintain a valid CDL B with the required endorsements and medical card. Schedule and attend required DOT physicals to maintain driving privileges.
- Maintain assigned vehicles and equipment to a high standard of cleanliness
- Train others on the use of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid CDL B with endorsements for assigned equipment and a satisfactory driving record.
- 5 years of experience in the paving industry or appropriate experience with Superior Paving.
- Must be able to run a machine in manual mode or with electronic controls.
- Ability to pull up your own weight and sit in one position up to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs unassisted regularly throughout a shift.
- Ability to read, follow and interpret safety documents, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, plans and grade.
- A good understanding of Superior Paving, state, local, private and federal policies and procedures, to ensure safe operation of the machines and equipment being used.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and nights as required.
- Ability to complete and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to develop a good knowledge of inventory, sizes, types, colors and pallet package.
- Basic mathematical skills (addition and subtraction).
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Mechanical knowledge of designing, using, and maintaining machines and tools preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalency preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Productivity/Quantity - meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Communication - listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, twisting, grasping; and seeing and hearing within normal ranges. Must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds unassisted throughout the hour and shift.
Work Environment/Tools and Equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vehicle and field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vibrations; temperature variations and inclement weather conditions; work around heavy construction equipment. Work on uneven or wet surfaces.
Tools and equipment will vary based on specialized assigned equipment.
Superior Paving Corp. - 11 months ago