Baltimore City Schools
Job Title: Educational Specialist II-Library Services
Provides professional support and assistance in the development and implementation of the City Schools' School Library/Media Strategic Plan. Assists with coordinating systemic activities related to school library/media programs and assists in monitoring the objectives, goals and outcomes established by the School Library/Media Strategic Plan and the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning. Provides support in the field by coaching and conducting demonstration lessons for librarians. Plans and assists in administering the implementation of instructional strategies to support a successful school library program. Assists in coordinating grant and partnership activities related to school library programs.
• Provides school library/media support services to content liaisons, mentors, administrators, and teachers.
• Articulates program specific school library/media curriculum standards, emphases, and guidelines.
• Plans and delivers content-based professional development activities for librarians and administrators. Develops, designs, and implements staff development programs.
• Participates in formal documentation procedures, monitoring, and assessment of school library/media initiatives. Monitors and assists in evaluating school library/media programs system-wide.
• Researches and recommends school library/media best practices and assists in developing new and revising existing school library/media curriculum.
• Provides leadership for the effective use of library information and communication technologies in the district and its schools.
• Master's degree in education or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
• A valid Maryland State Department of Education School Library Media Specialist Advanced Professional Certificate with an Administrator I endorsement. Five to seven years School Library/Media experience.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver professional development. Knowledge of the full spectrum of differential instruction related to school library/ media programs.
• Knowledge of standards and current curriculum framework and of current "best practices" in school library/media programs as well as curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
To view the complete job posting and apply for the above positions, please visit www.baltimorecityschools.org/_careers
All applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. Please provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number.
idealist.org - 13 months ago