Signal Integrity Engineer
The Intel Fabric Hardware Development team is seeking a signal integrity engineer to work in our King of Prussia design center. The signal integrity engineer will be involved in all aspects of design, test, validation, and support, from conception through end-of-life, of the next generation Intel Fabric platforms for High Performance Computing (HPC).
This role conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units (CPUs) and/or peripheral equipment. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports. Ensures products conform to standards and specifications. Develops plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk. Develops procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems. Initiates, guides, and coordinates overall design and development of new ideas and products. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
Key tasks include:
Model and optimize PCB structures in 3D EM modeling tools
Perform system simulations to confirm channels meet specification requirements
Develop system/board architectures to implement the products
Evaluate and select components that meet signal integrity performance objectives
Develop design rules for PCB CAD team that will produce a spec-compliant design
Review PCB CAD for signal integrity best practices
Work with test engineers to develop system SI test strategies and plans
Perform lab testing of systems to validate models and debug problems
Develop the necessary engineering documentation to support the designs
You must possess the minimum qualifications listed below to be initially considered for this position. The preferred qualification section lists additional skills that will be considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of experience with Signal Integrity tools and methodologies including 3D EM modeling (Ansys HFSS or CST Microwave Studio) and simulation (Agilent ADS or similar) software
- 4+ years of experience using high-speed test equipment (network analyzer, TDR, real-time scope, sampling scope) and working knowledge of time and frequency domain signal integrity terms
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with programming skills in tools such as: C, Visual Basic, Perl, Tcl, RTL, etc
- Experience with Power integrity tools
- Experience with Cadence Allegro CAD tools
- Experience with SERDES transmit and receive equalization techniques
- Experience with Linux
- Strong mathematical skills
- Working knowledge of PCB manufacturing process
- Experience interpreting industry-standard specifications
- Understanding of EMI design considerations
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
Feb 26, 2013
Feb 27, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...