**Region A - (Region covers Carrollton, Villa Rica, Heard and LaGrange)
Job Description: Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease.
- This position primarily hired for Carrollton*
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in nutrition
- Assesses nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Consults with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of client.
- Advises clients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Counsels individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Develops policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control.
- Develops curriculum and prepares manuals, visual aids, course outlines, and other materials used in teaching.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates strategies for promoting and supporting breastfeeding.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Public Health & WIC Program Experience. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English Language)
Additional Information: *Equal Opportunity Employer*
State of Georgia Benefit Package
Only those selected for interview will receive notice.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to:
Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
Georgia Careers - 20 months ago