Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron Mining is accepting online applications for the position Journeyman Electrician located in Questa, New Mexico through January 27, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining all industrial electrical equipment with demonstrated proficiency with electrical test equipment including voltmeter, ammeter, and grounding test equipment. Ability to troubleshoot and repair low and medium voltage electrical switchgear, and motor control circuits.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Work incident and injury free.
- Knowledge of electrical codes required.
- Layout and installation of PVC, EMT, and Rigid conduit systems ranging in size from ½” to 6”.
- Troubleshoot and repair motor control circuits, industrial lighting, and piping heat trace circuits.
- This job falls into the “Heavy” physical demand category which requires physical handling of tools, equipment parts, pipe and steel up to 100 lbs., climbing stairways and vertical ladders to access equipment, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, squatting, kneeling, crawling, lifting and carrying, work in cramped conditions and awkward postures, working at high elevation, work in extreme weather conditions at various times.
- Shift work may be required.
- Operate and work out of man lift and basket trucks.
- New Mexico Journeyman Electrical License
- Minimum of 5 Years Electrical Mining Experience
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) required
- MSHA Electrical Surface Qualifications as per CFR 77.103
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Chevron - 2 years ago
A subsidiary of energy colossus Chevron, Chevron Mining owns and operates coal mines in Alabama (North River), New Mexico (McKinley), and Wy...