Student Program Internship - Software/Computer Science Intern-1206736
Organization : Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota
Job Type: Student Programs
3M is seeking a Software/Computer Science Intern for Corporate R&D. The target start date for this position is May/June of 2013.
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Maplewood, MN you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Location: The person hired for this position will be located at 3M’s World Headquarters in Maplewood, MN and subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
- Application software development, especially on the Windows platform, web and mobile. Skilled in object oriented technology, .NET, C#, C++ and Java.
- Active member of a software development team with responsibility for contributing to the success of that project.
- Exposure to many aspects of the software development process writing software applications and utilities to be sold by 3M divisions in many different markets.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Currently pursuing a Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience in application software development
- Skilled in object oriented technology, .NET, C#, C++ and Java.
- User interface design, web development, mobile development, and database design experience a plus.
- Knowledge or skills in software engineering methodology including documentation, configuration management, and verification/validation.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 23 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...