Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
The Channel Alliance Director leads Channel sales for a specific territory and is accountable for overall channel revenue growth for that territory while partnering with Savvis Enterprise sales team. Primary goal is to achieve/exceed Savvis’s channel sales targets. The Channel Alliance Director will work in a liaison role with the Area Vice President, the Account Executive and Account Managers, the Regional Sales Directors and the CenturyLink alliance and channel teams. This sales leader is responsible for the end-to-end business plan development for channel and alliance execution within his/her region and is the single point of contact for all channel activity within the territory.
1) Develop the channel and alliance business plan for the assigned territory
2) Drive execution of channel and alliance business plan towards attainment of territory’s new booking target
3) Ensure achievement of sales targets for channel partners within the assigned territory for new logo and existing business
4) Proactively engage Savvis sales team and targeted partner sales team to drive execution of channel and alliance business plan
5) Liaise with Product Development to define requirements for partner/channel-based business including positioning new products and solutions
6) Collaborate with peers to support product /corporate marketing for events and activities with designated partners and partner/channel-based offers
7) Identify, research and recommend to Savvies Alliance team potential partners within defined geographic/industry area
8) Conduct market research to prioritize potential partners for defined geographic/industry area
9) Co-author marketing campaigns with Savvis Alliance team including definition of roles, contributions, investments
10) Serve as the escalation point for issues/challenges regarding specific field opportunities and/or post-sale installation activities
11) Partner with Account Managers, Account Executives and Regional Sales Director to provide consultation and help guide partner engagement and solution design for RFPs and other proactive opportunities
12) Manage and maintain alliance based forecast and related SFDC pipeline reporting for the territory
13) Perform role as a Subject Matter Expert in closing Alliance Partner deals
14) Provide thought partnership to drive growth and new opportunities involving existing or potential reseller partners
15) Champion enterprise resellers throughout the organization and work with relevant internal resources (business development, product marketing, sales, product management, etc.) to drive reseller revenue growth
16) Understand and remain current with the competitive and industry landscape
17) Demonstrate a strong understanding of reseller’s business drivers and needs to leverage in opportunity identification and closing deals
18) Demonstrate the ability to develop trust, negotiate business objectives and work directly with a broad group of senior executives.
19) Responsible for meeting the specified monthly, quarterly and annual bookings/quota targets
Required skills/education or equivalent experience:
10+ years experience in the IT services/Technology industry
Experienced leader in developing and managing complex reseller strategies and programs
BS/BA in related field or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
Proven track record in executing large, complex reseller sales strategies globally
Ability to establish and cultivate senior level relationships
Extensive knowledge of, and wide range of contacts within, the IT Services/Technology Industry
Well developed ability to develop, manage and nurture multiple large opportunities simultaneously.
Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Expertise in driving results working with various departments, both internally and externally
Willingness to travel as necessary to support and nurture assigned clients and potential accounts.
Extensive range of decision-maker contacts within SI, VAR, ISV and consultancy firms
Knowledge of Savvis’ products, solutions and services
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
SAVVIS Inc. - 12 months ago