Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Assess, draft, and/or update corporate risk policies. Communicate these policies to pertinent business units and evaluate their compliance with the policies. Accumulate data indicating success of policies and degrees of compliance and report to senior management. May analyze corporate or industry wide practices in order to assess current policies and develop new policies consistent with best practice and current market conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as point of contact with all levels of assigned business unit(s), especially those related to MBS disclosures. Field questions and concerns, provide guidance and/or approvals, communicate policies and procedures, ensuring issue resolution.
- Assess the process design and operational effectiveness of control and manage the remediation of any deficiencies with the business unit.
- Take lead on strategic disclosure initiatives, including developing comprehensive solutions, drafting business requirements and procedures, reporting metrics and or status. May require presentation to and sign-off from senior management
- Develop both regular and ad hoc reports to monitor business unit credit trends, and analyze reports to identify key issues. Distribute reports to appropriate audiences, or summarize findings for inclusion in other reports/presentations.
- Review risk-related reporting by assigned business units to ensure accuracy, consistency, and relevance in reporting and analysis. Seek to identify and correct data issues.
- Implement quality control measures by instituting processes that include automation, proofing, and documentation. Recommend new approaches for credit reporting and analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Extremely strong writing skills, including aptitude to learn structured writing technique and adherence to prescribed authoring standards
- •Extremely proficient use of Word, Adobe, Sharepoint, Documentum (or a demonstrated aptitude to learn the latter two)
- •Work well under pressure, juggling multiple tasks, deadlines, and shifting priorities
- •Strong attention to detail
- •Strong research and analytical skills -ability to assess changes to existing credit risk policies and clearly communicate
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 15 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...