The UCLA Medical Imaging Informatics (MII) group (www.mii.ucla.edu) is an interdisciplinary research group that focuses on the creation of novel informatics-based methods to support and improve patient care and biomedical research. Over the years, MII’s research has touched upon teleradiology/telemedicine, medical natural language processing systems, novel cost-effective imaging-based healthcare plans, and other electronic applications to medicine. Today, MII research spans the spectrum of biomedical and imaging informatics, with particular foci in disease modeling and the role of imaging to improve healthcare delivery.The MII group is seeking a Senior Programmer/Analyst to:
Required Skills:Job Requirements:
- Develop innovativeweb applicationsthat enable the sharing ofmedical informationbetween doctors and patients.
- Assist in the investigation ofautomatic methodologies forsummarizing andtransforming complex medicalinformationto a form understandable bypatients.
- Create novel interactiveinterfaces that display medical informationfor a variety of users.
- Devote significant efforts to unit testing, bug fixing, and satisfying user requirements.
- Be involved in the spectrum of the development process, including the specification, purchasing, and configuration of hardware; the configurationand maintenanceof server systems on the network; and thedesign,coding,and testing of applications.
As a valued full-time member of our staff, you’ll enjoy outstanding benefits, including health, dental and vision plans that begin on your first day and a retirement plan that is one of the best in the nation. You will also receive 13 paid holidays and 15 vacation days beginning your first year. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
- Knowledge and experience in system administration of servers including various operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows.
- Technical expertise inJava andJava-enabledweb technologies.
- Knowledge of web application development frameworks (e.g., Spring, Grails,Django).
- Expertise in datamodelingand database implementation (e.g.,Hibernate,MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2).
- Experience with the following services/programs: network administration, Apachehttpd, Tomcat,and collaborative tools (e.g., SVN, Git).
- Experience in code debugging and software task management tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,including demonstrated ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive system documentation.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, faculty and other administrators in the UCLA information technology arena.
- BS in Computer Science or relatedfield and 5 years of relevant professional experience; or MS in Computer Science or related field and 2 years of relevant professional experience.
For more information, go to www.uclahealthcareers.org or contact Aaron Magpali email@example.com. EOE