Job Summary :
The Telecom Engineering team focuses on providing world class Unified Communications solutions for our business and valued clients. The Telecom Team Leader will lead all telephony, Unified Communications, and contact center design, deployment, maintenance and development efforts. This includes core telecommunications PBX and voice mail architecture, contact center solutions such as IVRs, call recording platforms, and dialers. The incumbent will be responsible for the successful integration and interoperability between the core voice infrastructure and our existing CRM applications and will help define the direction of a highly available, fault-tolerant telephony environment in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
The Telecom Team Leader leads a focused team of technology professionals to deliver sound technical solutions. The team leader's largest client is their team. They provide the tools and training to help the team succeed and grow. The team leader will facilitate the communication between the business and their team to help set and follow through with priorities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Team leader may focus a quarter of their time on using their technical expertise and the remaining time on growing and developing their team members.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and make salary and bonus recommendations.
- Responsible for the short and long term budgeting and capacity planning to meet future business requirements.
- Work closely with network, architecture and CTI Teams on designing, planning and implementing solutions.
- Manage business partner relationships including contracts, procurement of services of hardware and software, invoicing, and billing.
- This team leader should understand and live our Quicken Loans culture. They will also demonstrate a passion to learn about our business, the technologies that we use and explore new technologies.
- Create a clear vision for the team.
- Align team vision with technology team visions.
- Able to clearly communicate vision with team.
- Identify and set specific measurable goals for team members.
- Present a positive image.
- Exhibit patience, humor and compassion when interacting with others.
- Maintain a confident and enthusiastic demeanor.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Looking for new technologies that will meet business needs in the future.
- Demonstrate curiosity, open mindedness and tenacity.
- Dig deep to uncover causes to problems and identify the most effective solution.
- Seek common ground and settle disputes equitably.
- Make good decisions in a timely manner, often with incomplete information.
Living the Culture:
- Utilize feedback received from others to develop personal leadership skills.
- Actively work to continuously improve.
- Anticipate challenges and adjust schedule appropriately.
- Recognize the meaning and purpose of each ISM.
- Promote the ISMs to the team.
- Continuously work to foster culture amongst team members.
- Set high personal standards for performance.
- Proactively initiates, develops and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Provide feedback to team members on performance.
- Participate in formal reviews and coach improvement.
- Promote active listening.
- Organize and facilitates effective meetings.
- Ensure written communication is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Recognize and use the appropriate communication method.
- Maintain technical expertise.
- Transfer technical knowledge to technical and non-team members.
- Manage budgetary concerns and make recommendations on purchases.
- Anticipate business needs before they arise and present solutions.
- Establish clear expectations with the business and effectively communicates when situations change.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Information Technology
- Minimum of 7 years experience providing enterprise level telephony support on Avaya systems
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leading teams and large scale projects
- Experience in telecom contract negotiations with network and solution providers
- Experience with SIP technology, including SIP trunking
- Solid voice and contact center architecture design background
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Computer Consultants of America, Inc. - 17 months ago