Eaton Corporation has an opening for an Operations Strategy Manager for Aftermarket and Clutch at its Galesburg, MI location.
This position is responsible to manage and coordinate the manufacturing footprint strategy for the Global Clutch and Aftermarket Business, plan and manage capital expenditures related to new product development, plan manufacturing scenarios in advance that will support new technologies implementation for the product line portfolio, manage engineering cost out projects globally with each region supply chain team and operations, program manage operations linkage to ProLaunch NPD programs, and support the regions in initiatives that affect the Clutch and Aftermarket Business.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Drive the optimization of manufacturing footprint through capacity analysis understanding, flexibility implementation between different global locations, localization strategy to combat and minimize FX impact, best cost approach in a global basis.
- Develop advanced cost models to support the definition of footprint actions to mitigate the impact of economic fluctuations upfront aligned with best cost option.
- Drive optimization of capital structure through effective manufacturing footprint strategy aligned with Make or Buy Strategy.
- Develop financial models/scenarios for strategic new business opportunities making sure price is aligned in a worldwide basis to mitigate global customers sourcing conflicts/risks.
- Manage and provide product team managers data on std cost, std profit and std margin for the portfolio, the expected result is to improve or at least maintain std margins for all part numbers. Support regional operational issues for Clutch as required.\
- Drive cost out projects for Clutch and Aftermarket by region, aligning the process with customer’s value added requirements; assuring resources are prioritized with program managers and the Clutch / Aftermarket leadership team.
-Support program managers by managing ProLaunch deliverables with the regional manufacturing operations teams.
• Strong communication skills to drive consensus and action implementation
• Strong leadership and management skills to work both internal and cross organizations
• Demonstrated strategic acumen
• Excellent analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to leverage technology
• Proven track record in business process improvements
• Strong experience in deploying systems, processes and standards
• Excellent project management skills and drive to get results
• Ability to drive focus / results worldwide
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
• Ability to influence people to drive impact actions
• Negotiation, dispute resolution, problem solving
• Results driven focus
• Worldwide operation knowledge
• Ability to analyze situation and to organize resources in order to optimize opportunities
• Teaming skills
• Excellent project management skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...