Invision Sally Jobe Mammography Training Program is designed to offer a total program for those individuals seeking training from one of the nationally recognized Breast Centers in a personalized approach and setting to fit your needs. Work with the recognized breast imagers and staff that will share their knowledge in a ‘one on one’ setting.
This course is designed for radiologic technologists interested in crossing over into mammography and to meet FDA regulatory requirements and for registry exam preparation set forth by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
Initial Training and Digital Imaging
This course is offered to conduct nine (9) modules on line with a two (2) day on site workshop.
This course has been approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) for 40 hours initial mammography and digital training requirements. Successful candidates will obtain the required certification documentation for registry fullfilment.
- Demonstrate basic positioning skills.
- Explain advanced positioning technique for supplementary views, difficult patients and implant patients.
- Describe how various physical characteristics of the x-ray tube affect mammographic imaging.
- Perform mammographic quality control testing procedures per MQSA guidelines.
- Describe the differences between imaging systems used to perform Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) examinations.
- Describe and develop a comprehensive quality assurance program for digital mammography.
- Understand the differences between film-screen and digital imaging.
- Describe the parameters in digital imaging that control resolution and contrast.
- Know the differences in image display/output devices used in digital mammography.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) (RT) certification is required and in Good Standing .
BLS Certification Required.
RIA/Invision Sally Jobe
- 2 years ago - save job
Radiology Imaging Associates (RIA) has been a progressive provider of professional services for diagnostic imaging in the South Denver area...