Line of Business: OPS - Electronic Delivery Group
Web Analytics Implementation Strategist
BB&T Corporation is looking for an experienced and
technically proficient individual to join our Digital Analytics Team as
a Web Analytics Implementation Strategist. This individual will
serve as a technical and implementation thought-leader, related to key web
analytics initiatives within the bank's Online and Mobile Banking channels.
Individual should be a technically sound self-starter who is passionate about
building/executing on a digital analytics investment roadmap within a fast-paced
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned
below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
I. Manage web analytics technical implementations (Omniture) from project
initiation through implementation/data validation.
2. Develop a thorough understanding of existing web analytics data
infrastructure and existing reporting system relationships. Design, develop and
3. Manage ongoing maintenance of web analytics implementation strategies to
avoid tracking gaps and data inconsistencies.
4. Serve as a consultant to key stakeholders in determining web analytics
needs/gaps and the best approach for designing and implementing measurement
solutions for obtaining this information.
5. Extract and evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, resolve data
conflicts, and be able to customize communication of key data findings to
diverse audiences; based on business need.
6. Serve as a subject matter expert around key web analytics technologies. Be
able to educate key stakeholders on any data technologies essential to the
execution of their strategic plans.
Required Skills and
The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Bachelors degree in Business, Information Technology,
Computer Science and/or equivalent education and related training.
2. 5+ years of previous experience working with the design and implementation of
advanced data mining (SAS/SQL) and/or web analytics (SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics,
or Google Analytics) tools.
3. Proven ability to work in dynamic cross-functional work teams in learning and
applying new technical skills to respond to constantly changing business needs
4. Strong problem solving skills- both conceptual and analytical with the
ability to translate key insights into actionable business strategies
5. Proven experience in a Sr. Level Analyst/Implementation Lead role with a
track record of making autonomous decisions around web analytics solution design
and the ongoing management/development of less experienced analysts. 6. Ability
to effectively communicate findings, analyses, implications and recommendations
to a diverse group of stakeholders, across all levels of the organization.
7. Ability to manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines and shifting
priorities in a fast-paced online/mobile environment.
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Desired Skills: 1. Masters degree in the area of
Business, Information Technology or Computer Science
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its commercial...