Plans, assigns, supervises and directs activities of
subordinates. Position requires demonstration of
competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a
direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
according to standards.
- Ensures plant facility and equipment are maintained
the performance of assigned duties.
- Assists Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer in
Personnel on assigned shift.
- Plans, assigns and supervises work of Engineering
training programs and plant procedures. Demonstrates
- Trains new employees in accordance with established
procedures unique to plant operations.
maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment.
- Supervises and/or participates in the repair and
- Read, understand and implement schematics and
operating procedures and monitor employee
- Maintains good employee relations.
- Promotes established safety programs and insure safe
during assigned shift.
- Ensures that work areas are cleaned and organized
procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and
management to be an integral part of the job,
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by
including but not limited to fulfillment of work
schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and
other applicable operating rules, policies and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
(boiler, refrigeration, etc.). May be required to
- License as required by state, industry, city, county
possess/maintain a valid license to operate
applicable heavy equipment, including forklift.
all areas of plant.
- Physically capable of rapid, unimpeded movement to
- Able to climb fixed and portable ladders.
- Able to crawl under and climb onto machinery and
level to 48 inches.
- Able to enter and exit confined spaces.
- Ability to lift and hold up to 50 pounds from floor
perform complex wiring, welding and written
- Dexterity in fingers, arms, and hands enough to
enough to distinguish operating lights and panels on
- Ability to view product for proper size and color.
- Ability to distinguish color coded equipment. Vision
machinery and equipment.
systems. Must be able to hear and identify normal
- Must be able to hear and identify audible alarm
and abnormal equipment operating sounds.
- Must be able to work in 100 degree environment.
individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in
- Speech and hearing abilities that allow the
English (in person and via telephone) and/or other
language, if required.
blue prints, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc.
- Ability to generate written communication.
- Ability to read and review written communication,
safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary
safety equipment, as needed.
- Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable
One or two years experience in plant maintenance and
engineering. Demonstrated knowledge in Heating,
Ventilating, and Air Conditioning; Refrigeration,
Welding, Electronic/Electrical Equipment repair,
Industrial Equipment installation, start-up, repair,
Associate Degree in Electronics/Electrical Technology
and/or equivalent formal training and work experience
Completion of formal management skills training program.
Flowers Baking Company of Norfolk, LLC offers
competitive salary, and excellent benefits including
medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by March 27,
2012. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job
seekers who successfully complete the series of
pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the
basic qualifications for this position may be contacted
for a telephone interview.
Flowers Baking Company of Norfolk, LLC is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due
to a medical condition or disability, please send an
e-mail to Molly Clower at Molly.Clower@flocorp.com, or
Division/Department : Mid-Atlantic
Flowers Foods, Inc. - 21 months ago
Electrical Engineering Technician
Department of the Navy
- 1 day ago
Design Engineering Services, P.C.
Newport News, VA
- 1 hour ago
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
Virginia Beach, VA
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 5 hours ago