The Chart Process Systems Division Welding & Quality Manager has the responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s Quality Management System and ensuring that the engineer, procurement and fabrication work product is consistent with the Company’s quality requirements together with national and international standards and our Customer’s requirements. The Welding & Quality Manager is also the lead production support engineer for the New Iberia fabrication facility.
The Welding & Quality manager will report to the Systems Division General manager and will be based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Travel will be required and include approximately four to eight days per month at Chart’s New Iberia fabrication facility and is required to support QC activities. Total estimated travel is approximately 60%.
Scope, duties and responsibilities as outlined are implied to be limited to those aspects affecting Chart TWO (The Woodlands Office) and New Iberia (NI) organizations. The Chart E&C QC Manager would continue to have overall responsibilty for administering Chart's QC program.
Energy Industry Specific:
- Control and distribution of the TWO quality documentation.
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors.
- Attend all pre-bid meetings and coordinate all project requirements with the project bidders.
- Attend client quality management meetings.
- The preparation and control of project quality system management documentation prior to project commencement.
- Review quality inspection and personnel qualifications and training requirements.
- Administration of the TWO-nonconformance system.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the NI QC manager.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with The Woodlands procurement manager.
- Recommend Corrective and Preventative Actions as required.
- The control of onsite and offsite vendor inspections.
- The compilation of vendor inspection assignment packages.
- The attendance at site and inspection procurement meetings.
- Ensure the verification of documentation and certificates for materials purchased by vendors.
- Review of supplier quality plans against contract requirements.
- Review procurement documents to ensure that quality requirements have been correctly translated into purchase requisitions and design documents.
- Review supplier inspection procedures and personnel qualifications.
- Review supplier material certificates.
- Final approval of TWO suppliers. Conduct supplier audits and surveillances as required.
- Quality System Representative for TWO ISO 9001-2008 QMS.
- Participate in the ISO 9001-2008 Internal Audit system of the TWO facility and when requested other Chart E&C sites.
- Assignment and control of WPS/PQR/WPAR on wide range of aluminum, stainless and carbon steel alloys and associated filler metals/fluxes and shielding gases in compliance with ASME IX, EN 15614-1, -2 and AWS D1.1 using GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and SMAW processes.
- Control and maintenance of WPQ’s including control and maintenance of continuity/prolongation logs as required for GTAW-AC/DC, GMAW semi-automatic, GMAW machine, FCAW, SAW and SMAW processes on a wide range of aluminum, stainless and carbon steel alloys and filler metals in compliance with ASME IX, EN 9606-1, 2 and AWS D1.1.
- Assist in set-up and administration of training programs for both hands on and classroom environment. Training programs cover full range of activities in a technically challenging welding environment.
- Assist QC/NI supervision in quality improvement initiatives and the review of statistical data to determine and implement ways and means to continually improve in reduction of weld repairs and weld re work. Review RT, LPT, UT or other NDE inspections as required for continued process improvements.
- Provide direction to shop floor technicians in assignments as required maintaining any of the ongoing needs for testing, training, process implementation or other production requirements.
- Provide timely reports to management on ongoing shop floor activities, training, perceived areas needing special attention or other areas related to quality production or other deficiencies as well as reports to identify projects which have been successfully implemented.
- Monitor all Non Destructive Examination (NDE) activities at NI. Assist NI QC Manger in improvements to Computerized Radiographic Testing (CRT) and Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT), use of NDE modules for monitoring key metrics for process improvement, identification of Process Capability (Cp) for various weld processes and providing quarterly or bi-annual reports on status of NDE at NI in consensus with the NI QC Manager.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and SMAW weld processes as related to aluminum, stainless and carbon steel welding.
- Familiarity with NDE basics including RT, UT, LPT, MPT and VT.
- Maintains a working knowledge of regulatory and industry quality assurance codes and standards, i.e., ISO 9001-2008, ASME B31.3, PED, Chinese and Korean regulations.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of statistical process control (SPC).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Excel, Word and weld programs such as C-Spec.
- Demonstrated management and leadership training or demonstrated management abilities.
- Experience as Weld Engineer in shop production or field construction environment.
- Knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Minimum BS degree in Weld Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 10 years applicable experience in Welding & Quality Management in a similar application environment.
Chart Industries - 4 years ago