Receives, unpacks and shelves merchandise, fills and delivers requisitioned
orders and maintains records as assigned.
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives material from vendors according to procedure.
2. Shelves inventory material.
3. Delivers material received from vendor, to appropriate departments.
4. Fills and delivers requisitioned orders.
5. Maintains control of inventory of items assigned and reports when there are apparent discrepancies.
6. Cleans assigned areas of SPD Department.
7. Delivers clean linen to departments and picks up soiled linen in the absence of the Exterior
8. Assists in Printing Department when necessary.
9. Assists in the distribution function when necessary.
10. Packages parcels for mailing and shipping.
11. Operates forklift truck.
12. Assists in the exchange cart function when necessary.
13. Maintains written records of external receipts and internal deliveries of shipments.
14. Delivers perishable foods to the kitchen and puts them in appropriate coolers or freezers.
15. Delivers dietary food orders to kitchen and puts food supplies on appropriate shelves.
16. Promotes and fosters the mission and philosophy of the Hospital during performance
of job duties and community activities.
13. Actively supports and participates in the Hospital's Performance Improvement Program.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. This position requires you to follow standard precaution guidelines in all work situations.
For the purpose of this job, minimum competency is determined by:
1. Satisfactory rating in the duties and responsibilities.
2. Completion of all required Hospital and Departmental education.
3. Maintenance of the minimum credential or license required by the job description,
or meet the conditions as defined under Experience and Job Knowledge.
Education and Training:
1. High school graduate.
2. On-the-job training in receiving procedures, product specification, inventory and disbursement procedures, maintenance of distribution records and tabulating reports.
Experience and Job Knowledge:
1. Three to six months experience in material handling.
1. Ability to lift heavy boxes.
2. Considerable walking and standing, pushing and pulling, physically active during work hours.
1. Trustworthy in safeguarding confidential information.
Arnot Health - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard