Job Summary Hughes Supply- Division of Hajoca Corporation
Warehouse Employees are generally responsible for counting, verifying and receiving incoming vendor shipments and customer return material; for stocking and maintaining the warehouse; and for picking, documenting and packing customer orders in accordance with Company policy and procedure. Their attention to detail ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Note: Asterisk (*) indicates essential functions.
* 1. Perform all job functions in accordance with the company''s Safety Standards.
* 2. Receiving Duties
- Upon receipt of a vendor shipment or customer return, obtain the packing slip and count and verify material received. Note received quantities and all shipping discrepancies (overshipments, undershipments, mis-shipments, damage/shorted freight claim) on the packing slip.
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and receive material in the system or, when applicable, forward the receiving documents to the office personnel for data entry.
- Identify nonstock, special order material and damaged material and store in proper warehouse locations.
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier''s Bill of Lading; initiate freight claims with freight carriers or forward appropriate paperwork to designated employee.
* 3. Picking and Shipping Duties
- Pick material for orders, note quantities picked on the shipping document, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up.
- Check picked material against printed ticket to ensure accuracy.
- Complete necessary documentation for customer shipments delivered via third-party carrier.
* 4. Load and unload trucks, operate warehouse forklift and other material handling equipment safely.
* 5. Inform immediate supervisor of stock depletions, count discrepancies, or damaged/defective/nonsaleable merchandise that could impact customer service levels.
* 6. Ensure security and controls are in place and upheld to protect Profit Center assets.
* 7. Maintain warehouse cleanliness, order and safety. Remove empty cartons, metal bands, pallets and other debris. Inform immediate supervisor of safety issues.
* 8. Assist co-workers in servicing customers.
9. Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, Training and Experience
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Able to quickly develop comprehensive knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Know of, be able to apply and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment.
- Able to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment in use at the Profit Center.
- Able to learn and operate (keyboard and mouse) the applicable software system (Eclipse, Mincron) used for warehouse-related operations.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year warehouse receiving and material handling experience
- Knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting (in chair) 10%
Lifting Frequently up to 100 pounds
Carrying Frequently up to 80 pounds
Pushing/Pulling Frequently up to 200 pounds
Controls Use of both hands and arms and use of both feet and legs
Strength level Active, demanding
The following movements and senses are required in this job:
Hand and finger dexterity, climbing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, near vision, far vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Hajoca Corporation - 18 months ago
Hajoca firmly believes that our employees drive the success of the company. We offer rewarding career opportunities for recent graduates or...