Graduate of an accredited nursing program
At least 1 year of hospital experience
Illinois Nursing License
Current CPR card
Current ACLS card
Current PALS card
Ability to type a minimum of 20 wpm with good accuracy
Previous experience using EMR system preferred
Good patient assessment abilities
Effective interpersonal skills
Good communcation skills
ER experience a PLUS!
Ability to work effectively with all levels of clinical team members
Ability to work in a fast paced department under stressful conditions and maintain professional compossure
Ability to sit, stand and lift patients as necessary.
Dreyer Medical Clinic has been providing exceptional patient care to the individuals and families of the Fox Valley area for over 85 years. With 3 very busy Walk-In-Care locations, our caring and skilled medical staff responds to the urgent care needs for the surrounding communities of West Aurora, Oswego and Batavia.
The Registered Nurse Specialty I associate performs triaging and direct patient care responsibilities.
A. Direct Nursing Care:
1. Prepares patients for exams and treatments physically and mentally and monitors their response.
2. Capable of assisting physician with all procedures and treatments for the unit he/she works in.
3. Is knowledgeable of assisting with job duties of all personnel in the department.
4. Consistently encourages questions from patients and their families and offers guidance that fosters compliance.
5. Administers medications according to approved policy/procedure following protocol or physician order and monitors response.
B. Indirect Nursing Care:
1. Consistently orders tests and reviews results according to department protocol or as ordered by physician.
2. Reports abnormal findings, patient complaints, or concerns, to physician or supervisor.
3. Assures the accuracy and completeness of messages. Triages and prioritizes messages, communicating information to providers/patients in a timely manner.
4. Explains procedures and test results using language appropriate to patient's level of understanding.
5. Serves as an advocate and liaison between patients, staff, physicians and external customers by sharing necessary information to ensure continuity of care.
1. Provides consistent and accurate documentation of patient information, care and concerns in the EMR according to the guidelines provided in the Documentation Policy and as otherwise instructed.
2. Consistently completes vouchers, referrals and requisitions with all appropriate information including medical record number and services codes or using EMR.
3. Completes all patient documentation within two full clinic business days after care and/or services have been provided according to the Missing Documentation policy guidelines.
D. Time Management:
1. Consistently manages time and demonstrates resource management skills effectively to complete daily activities.
2. Consistently knows how and when to delegate tasks to others.
3. Consistently watchful of patient flow by keeping rooms clean, stocked and available and maintains adequate inventory.
4. Consistently checks equipment and trays for proper functioning and availability in busy times.
5. Demonstrates flexibility by performing additional duties when and where indicated.
6. Provides direction and supervision to other licensed and unlicensed personnel
HOURS: 20 hours/week; Mostly PM position, 2pm-close, occasional days stating at 7am
position is every other Saturday 7am - 6pm possibly an occasional Sunday to cover PTO
Advocate Health Care - 2 years ago
Dreyer Medical Clinic is a multi-specialty physician group with more than 150 doctors representing about two dozen medical specialties. With...