Agfa Healthcare is a leading medical imaging and information management company, providing solutions for hospitals worldwide. Installed at health care enterprises in North America, South America and Europe, our next generation PACS Image Server is developed in our brand new state-of-the-art R&D facility in the David Johnston R&T park in Waterloo, ON. Using the latest technologies including Java & JBoss, Agfa's solutions are revolutionizing how patients are diagnosed and treated, ultimately saving lives.
Our software developers are involved in the full cycle of software development, helping us to deliver new releases to hospitals every 3 months. They actively design, code and integration test our software. The software is developed in an Agile/Scrum team environment where we foster our core values of innovation and knowledge transfer with daily interactions between developers, testers & clinical / technical product managers in order to continuously improve and make a difference in the healthcare arena. Successful candidates should have a keen interest in using information technology to improve healthcare delivery within Canada & abroad.
- university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree/diploma
- Java/J2EE Development including EJB3
- Java/J2EE Application Servers (JBoss desirable)
- Imaging processing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent knowledge transfer skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to quickly absorb new conepts and technologies
- Appreciation of the full spectrum of the software development process
- A solid and proven committment to quality software development
Agfa-Gevaert Group - 16 months ago