REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Owns shrink and safety results for assigned area(s) and supports the Loss Prevention five play strategy
- Manages the training, detection, investigation and successful resolution of all internal high dollar and sensitive investigations within assigned store.
- Ensures all training in the detection and detention of shoplifters including certification has been completed in assigned store
- Conducts assessments of Loss Prevention and operational performance that impacts shortage control. Actively works with store team in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of safety, food safety (Kmart/Essentials/Grand), OSHA and environmental programs, and ensures implementation and compliance in assigned store
- Reviews safety and food safety inspections (Kmart/Essentials/Grand) on a regular basis. Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of results and assists in the development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises the Loss Prevention Associates and Leads within assigned store
- Ensures accurate and timely report writing, record keeping and retention of evidence by conducting periodic reviews
- Ensures the proper operation and repairs of alarm, EAS and CCTV equipment
- Educates and motivates store associates to achieve shrink, workers compensation and general liability goals
- Works as a liaison between the store and the criminal justice community
- Demonstrates courageous leadership by identifying and communicating potential ethical or safety issues that must be addressed at a higher level.
- Manages and ensures reporting of critical incidents in assigned area of responsibility
- Ensures follows-up on required inventories and audits in order to control costs and shrinkage
- Associates degree or equivalent Loss Prevention experience.
- Minimum Experience level required: 3+ years previous experience in an Audit, Security or Loss Prevention role
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions in stressful situations.
- Experience selecting, assessing, and coaching associates, preferably in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of financial operations and processes; analytical skills to diagnose root cause of deficiencies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members.
- Ability to use strategic thought process to minimize exposure to emerging threats and trends
- Ability to form strong partnerships across reporting relationships.
- Ability to influence activities and results of those who are not direct reports.
- Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- CCTV usage and installation
Lpjobs.com - 4 years ago
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers quality...