Chaplain Resident, Full Time, Days, SouthWest OKC Medical Center
Job Code: 1105
The Chaplain Resident provides pastoral care to patients and their families. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Chaplain Resident responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Visits newly admitted patients and their families to offer support, spiritual assistance and assess the need for return visits
* Responds to all calls for chaplaincy services including crisis calls, requests from patients and families and referrals from hospital staff
* Screens candidates for organ and tissue donation viability and, when appropriate, presents the option of donation to families
* Leads chapel services
* Provides pastoral support to staff
* Studies in the clinical pastoral education training program
* Maintains accurate records of pastoral care services
The Chaplain Resident reports to the department Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Hazards include normal walking around the hospital. Chaplain Residents have contact with patients at different levels of infectious precautions.
* A 4 year undergraduate degree (BA or BS) required from an accredited organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
* Acceptance into the CPE Program
* A 3 year seminary graduate degree (Master of Divinity or equivalent) from a seminary or theological school accredited by the Association of Theological Schools or a similarly credentialed accrediting agency, or its equivalent as determined by the Association of Professional Chaplains preferred
* Professional pastoral experience or 1 year specialized ministry preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)