Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Provide systems engineering technical services to include, but not limited to, advanced and complex analysis of network and system performance to include the advanced evaluation of network architecture design and configurations with specific expertise in network data transfer protocols and network management tools.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Provide technical services to include, project management, systems management, knowledgeable in system interoperability, configuration and operational capability and limitations, basic COTS software integration, and provide site surveys as required
12. Services may also include recommendations and solutions for the QAP regarding hardware life cycle support, sustainment, sparing, upgrades, enhancement, and/or other contractor logistics support activities to maintain maximize system and network performance to meet mission needs
13. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
International Relocation is available
General Dynamics - IT - 15 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...