THE STRENGTH TO HEAL OUR NATION'S DEFENDERS.
Begin your medical career with unique experience as part of one of the world's most advanced health care organizations. If you are currently enrolled in, or have received a letter of acceptance to, an accredited doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy program, you can receive a full scholarship for up to four years. During academic breaks, you'll gain hands-on experience in our advanced health care organization. After graduation, you'll be eligible for our highly sought residency training programs.
As a student, you'll also receive:
Upon graduation, benefits will include:
- Monthly stipend of more than $2,000 for 101/2 months
- Officer's pay for 45 days during academic breaks
- Reimbursement for books, laboratory equipment and academic fees
- Paid continuing education
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Non-contributory retirement benefits with 20 years of qualifying service
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
- Commission as a Medical Corps captain
- Training to become a leader in your field
Numerous scholarships are available. To find out more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/hpsp.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Enrollment in or acceptance to an accredited doctor of medicine or osteopathy program in the United States or Puerto Rico
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to maintain full-time student status
Jobster - 2 years ago