A) EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Degreed LPN or RN
Current LPN or RN licensee in the state of Missouri.
Long-term care experience preferred.
D) SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent communication skills to interact verbally with patients, visitors and staff.
Ability to manage time and organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards.
1. Accurately assesses residents’ physical and psychosocial status, educational and environmental needs of assigned residents. Identifies needs for other services/disciplines for residents and intervenes appropriately to secure these services. Documents admissions and completes ongoing nursing assessments on assigned residents.
2. Develops measurable goals, admission and discharge plans with physicians, residents, families and multidisciplinary team members. Document and communicates plans appropriately and professionally.
3. From continual assessment, reviews and revises the care plan needs, problems and goal changes. Communicates changes with Patient Care Coordinator. Identifies necessary and appropriate nursing interventions pertinent to the plan of care. Implements and documents all resident/family teaching relevant to health care needs and ensures understanding of the teaching.
4. Demonstrates clinical competence to assess the physical, spiritual, psychological and emotional needs of each resident. Intervenes appropriately requesting physician or other department intervention as appropriate. Ensures that documentation is completed in a prompt and professional manner. Ensures that all information is recorded and correct prior to contacting the resident’s physician for assistance or advise.
5. Collaborates and communicates, with tact and sensitivity, with other team members and departments to coordinate a multidisciplinary approach to resident care. Identifies and interprets the psychological reaction of the residents and takes appropriate action within the time frame necessary. Documents nursing interventions and resident response to care accurately, timely and completely.
6. Administers resident treatments and procedures in accordance with physician orders and nursing policies and procedures. Ensures that all treatments are signed for and completed in the appropriate allotted time frame.
7. Administers medication and IV fluids skillfully, safely and timely. Accurately administers medications and signs for medication according to policy and within the allotted time frame 100% of the time.
8. Handles crisis situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner. Actively participates in the direct delivery of patient are. Completes rounds to ensure that residents are receiving the appropriate nursing care in an appropriate time frame. Ensures that a safe, comfortable, clean environment is maintained.
9. Monitors resident physical and chemical restraints to ensure resident safety. Works with ADON to reduce or eliminate restrains when feasible. Trains assigned staff on the use of restraints, treatments, positioning devices, etc. to ensure a complete understanding of their function and provide resident safety.
10. Organizes information and communicates with physicians and supervisor regarding relevant patient care issues. Coordinates activities on the assigned unit to ensure appropriate functioning of the unit and
continued quality care. Transcribes/verifies physician orders, coordinates testing, treatments and
procedures with other departments. Promptly co-signs orders and clarifies as necessary.
11. Empowers staff by promoting responsibility, accountability, and autonomy to enhance patient care.
Completes CNA assignments and follows up on responsibilities to ensure residents satisfaction. Ensures
standards of patient care are utilized and delegates responsibilities as defined by policy or necessary
to ensure appropriate resident care. Monitors and assist assigned staff as necessary to ensure completion of all tasks properly and in a timely manner.
12. Demonstrates flexibility in responsibilities and professional competency at all times. Participates in
in servicing, continuing education and other activities to keep professionally current. Maintains working
knowledge of emergency procedures and demonstrates awareness of safety issues relevant to patient and employee safety.
13. Communicates effectively with residents, visitors, co-workers, physician and other team members using professionalism. Collaborates with physicians and other departments for problem solving and communication of resident related issues in coordinating the resident’s plan of care.
14. Answer residents call light and assists with resident ADL’s as needed.
• Apply / Submit Resume Online
Bethesda Health Group - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard