Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,000 hotels, 145 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
Being a manager of this 274 key Wyndham Vacation Ownership resort isn't like running any other hotel, and it's not like running an apartment or being a property manager. It's being out in the property, not sitting in an office. As the Assistant Resort Manager some moments you're a politician, others times motivator and sometimes a delegator… yet through it all, you practice savvy financial management to hit your numbers. Your prior hospitality management success enables you to partner with guests, vendors and Homeowners Associations to create a memorable resort experience.
As the Assistant Resort Manager of this
timeshare resort, you are a director, not marketing or developing food & beverage accounts, but leading the property in its mission to be responsive and deliver a great experience. For you, it's about the guests, employees, vendors and Homeowners Associations. Imagine that your guests are often owners and board members of your property, while they control your budget they are also on vacation, behaving more like hotel guests than homeowners.
At Wyndham Vacation Ownership resorts your role as the manager reaches beyond the people and into the numbers. Unlike traditional hotel environments that are focused on how many rooms were booked today; our timeshare resorts require you to be the financial expert within a fixed budget. It's like being a controller with complete management authority. Your success comes from creating savings and cost containment, not increased sales.
As the Assistant Resort Manager, you are responsible for the property P&L that encompasses employees, supplies & materials for the resort. Beyond achieving the bottom line numbers, you will also
While you are an experienced manager and your focus is to lead the team, you also understand that the quality and performance of the resort, measured through customer surveys and internal audits, rests with you. Is that lampshade seam in the right place? Are there hairs on the bed sheets? It's up to you to ensure that each and every day, housekeeping, engineering & maintenance and the other departments continue to exceed Wyndham quality standards.
- interpret & explain budgets, plans & projects
- manage the front office, housekeeping, maintenance and security
- exhibit leadership in guest, homeowner and public relations to maximize opportunities
- negotiate & review contracts & agreements with vendors, suppliers & subcontractors
- lead department managers and supervisors
- develop & implement quality control programs
- proactively develop & implement capital improvement plans in conjunction with HOAs & corporate leadership
- coach & counsel employees to reflect Wyndham's Count On Me! Service promise
Beyond your vast experience in hospitality management, you have a proven proactive, leadership quality bridging financial and budget activities to conferring with board members. While you know your way around each hotel department, for you it's about being able to mentor others, to have them think of guests and owners first. It is the Wyndham Count On Me! Service Promise.
Your experience with investigating complaints, establishing department goals and mentor staff are but a few of the keys to your success as an Assistant Resort Manager. To be successful, you will need proven experience including
While we prefer a Bachelor's degree, we are more interested in your experience and skills that have honed your ability to solve complex problems, select the most appropriate course of action and understand others.
- a minimum of 3 years managing & leading hotel or timeshare operations including a track record of successful communication, budgeting & negotiating skills
- mixed use experience (vacation ownership, hotel and fractional)
- proven success managing budgets in excess of $3 million and reporting to HOAs is a plus
- demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations
- experience operating computer systems for hotel & property operations, logistics, finance & inventory
- skilled directing human resources activities including labor relations and staffing requirements
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
- medical/dental and vision care plans
- a 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company… Wyndham
WVO is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
United States of America-MIssouri-Branson
Wyndham Vacation Resorts
Jan 28, 2013, 12:39:00 PM
Wyndham Worldwide Corporation is a hospitality company engaged in offering individual consumers and business customers a range of...