To provide support, due diligence, and delivery of closing packages for Commercial Loans and Business Banking Loans.
Under the general supervision of Assistant Supervisor, Documentation Specialist or Supervisor, Documentation Specialist or Manager, Loan Documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare due diligence and documentation packages for Business Banking loans in as requested to comply with terms of the approval and compliance regulations.
• Due diligence will include ordering title work, flood determination, appraisals, appraisal review checklist, UCC searches, entity verification and helping clear any items to ensure lien position.
• Compliance activities will include all disclosure and re-disclosures that is required by the applicable regulations.
2. Prepare documentation packages for all types of commercial loans (unsecured, secured, real estate secured, etc) as requested by the Relationship Managers and Loan Administrators to comply with the terms of the approval.
3. Maintain knowledge of due diligence requirements and review loan due diligence provided by Loan Administrators to ensure accuracy and completion. If missing or inaccurate information is found, work with the Loan Administrators or the Relationship Managers to obtain or correct.
4. Maintain knowledge of loan policy and procedures to ensure that documents are prepared according to policy. Work with the lender and Loan Operations Management to correct documents requests that are not in compliance.
5. Ensure that communication is clear and timely regarding loan closings and the availability of documents.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent (GED)..
Experience - One (1) year of banking experience or in a related field.
Physical - Sedentary office environment
• One (1) to three (3) loan documenting experience
• Experience with loan documentation on LaserPro system
• Associate degree or higher degree
First Merchants Bank - 10 months ago