Pay Rate Range
$90,000 to $110,000/yr DOE
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Directs and oversees operations and strategic planning of Mission-Based Management Information System, including development processes, user support, and data management. Serves as a liaison between MBM development team, MBM Office staff, and end users to facilitate development processes, establish priorities, and manage communication flow. Acts as a catalyst between departments, faculty, staff, and students, as well as Health Sciences and campus entities to ensure coordination, continuity and quality of service.
1. Directs the development processes of the Mission-Based Management Information System. Heavily involved in the planning of system components, including scoping, requirements gathering, and prioritizing requests.
2. Serves as a liaison between MBM Development Team, MBM Office staff, and end users. Interacts with team members and end users to facilitate development and ensure that system meets organizational needs. Manages communication flow to ensure a clear understanding of needs and expectations.
3. Oversees user support, including faculty and staff training and users group sessions. Ensures user satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
4. Responsible for data management, including data entry processes and data integrity.
5. In conjunction with MBM Director, provides strategic direction by setting short and long-term goals, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space and equipment planning, and implementing special projects and policies.
6. Develops strategies consistent with the University of Utah
’s continuous quality improvement efforts.
7. Oversees all aspects of human resource management including recruitment, retention, and professional development of assigned staff. Responsible for the analysis and determination of appropriate staff mix to support user needs.
8. Ensures competency of staff through the professional development opportunities and through on-going staff performance evaluation.
9. Acts as a catalyst between departments, faculty, staff, and students, as well as Health Sciences and campus entities to ensure continuity and quality of service.
10. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
11. Participates in Health Sciences and University-wide committees as needed. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related area, or equivalency; eight years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communications skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Project Manager Certification
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions Summary
University of Utah - 17 months ago
Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain Range, the University of Utah’s educational habitat provides breathtaking views of the...