Do you consider yourself a skilled craftsman?
Are you the person family and friends call when something breaks?
The Facilities Department is seeking a Building Services Mechanic to perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance, calibration, functional and operational testing of facility systems and equipment.
The Building Services Mechanic II position is a full-time employment opportunity. Performs work of average to considerable difficulty in the journey-level performance of building maintenance to include the primary fields of electrical; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); carpentry; plumbing, etc. to maintain buildings and equipment in safe condition, prevent degradation of state property and systems, and prevent failures that would cause reduction in service using hand, power and specialty tools. Specific responsibilities will be determined by the Building Services Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
• Inspect, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, test, and repair all types of facility systems including HVAC, electrical, lighting, fire, life, safety, boilers, refrigeration units, compressors, motors and pumps and all associated controls and provide facility maintenance services including carpentry, plumbing, painting, landscaping and snow removal to maintain Ashford University’s building infrastructure and grounds.
• Ability to interpret and provide feedback to assist in keeping building and electrical schematics and engineering record drawing updated as system and equipment changes are implemented.
• Utilize and understand national and local codes for equipment repair. Perform all work in accordance with OSHA, state and municipal requirements and Ashford University safety policy.
• Perform daily survey of buildings to identify repair and preventive maintenance tasks.
• Responsible for seeking training and continued professional development in the areas of advancing technology, safety, and general skill improvement.
• Performs all assignments in accordance with Ashford University’s approved procedures.
• Meets all Ashford University quality expectations in assigned tasks.
• Adherence to industry safety standards and requirements of Bridgepoint Education is required at all times.
• Good general working knowledge of all trades functioning in a general contractor setting.
• Proven mechanical ability and aptitude.
• Good computer skills are required; operating knowledge and trouble-shooting of equipment via Building Management System preferred.
• Proven ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Current driver’s license required.
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Understands business implications and decisions.
• Develops and implements cost saving measures.
• Conserves organizational resources.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by supervisor in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Increase knowledge and operation of specialized equipment through study of all manufacturer manuals and installer instructions.
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training at a semi-skilled level of experience of general maintenance in a commercial setting.; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be in possession of one or more active trade licenses (HVAC, plumbing, electrical).
For additional information visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...