Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 250,000 current VA employees already have –state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, you’ll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
Medical TechnologistProvidence, RI VAMCDepartment Of Veterans AffairsVeterans Health AdministrationHonor American's Veterans by providing exceptional care that improves their health and well-being. Be a member of our team providing compassionate health care to Veterans. We are an employer of choice and a center of excellence in patient care, education, and research. We value trust, respect, commitment, compassion, and excellence; we value you. Go to http://www.va.gov for more information.Our Medical Center is located in Providence, RI with outpatient clinics located in Middletown, RI, Hyannis and New Bedford, MA. We provide high quality comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care to Veterans residing in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. Rhode Island, also known as the ocean state, offers a range of lifestyles to those seeking the advantages of an exciting city or a relaxing country setting.Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. KEY REQUIREMENTS
- You must be a US citizen
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Designated and random drug testing may be required
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English
- Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized
Minimum experience required:
- Evaluates the suitability of the specimen for analysis.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment.
- Calibrates, standardizes, adjusts and maintains instruments.
- Verifies correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks.
- Evaluates the validity of data in relation to the test system and accepted assay procedures.
- Correlates quantitative data with patient data to verify results.
- Performs additional tests to clarify or confirm abnormal patient results.
CHARLES D. LONG, U.S. Army (Retired)email@example.comNational Healthcare Recruitment ConsultantNew England Healthcare Systems
- Education and Experience Combination: An associate’s degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or an equivalent program composed of at least 60 semester hours, from an accredited institution that, at a minimum, includes either: (a) 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses; OR (b) 24 semester hours of science courses that includes 6 semester hours of chemistry; 6 semester hours of biology; and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination; AND have laboratory training that includes completion of a National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory (NAACLS) approved clinical laboratory training program with at least 3 months documented laboratory training in each specialty that the individual performs high complexity testing. In addition to the associate’s degree, must possess at least 3 years of directly related, full time work experience.
- Certification: All candidates must currently possess or be eligible for and pass within one year the appropriate certification examination as a medical technologist or clinical laboratory scientist given by the American Society of Clinical Pathology Board of Registry (ASCP-BOR), the National Credentialing Agency (NCA), American Association of Clinical Chemists (AACC) or American Medical Technologists (AMT), or the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB). Noncertified applicants who otherwise meet the eligibility requirement certification may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate medical technologist under authority of 38 U.S.C. 7405 (a) (1) (D). Failure to obtain certification during that period is justification for termination of the temporary appointment. This may result in termination of employment.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. You’ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Department of Veterans Affairs - 19 months ago
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...