Posting Title |
Officer, Loan Commercial III
5500 Cenex Drive
Inver Grove Heights
CHS Capital , a wholly owned LLC of CHS Inc., provides financial solutions to accelerate the success of agricultural producers, cooperatives and commercial businesses. CHS Capital clients are agricultural businesses who are engaged in various kinds of business enterprises. CHS Capital has an exciting opportunity for a Loan Officer . You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented. The loan officer is expected to maintain a very high quality loan portfolio, maintain good customer relations with borrowers and intervene when business results warrant intervention.
Loan officers must maintain a business relationship with managers and directors of local cooperatives that borrow from CHS Capital. The employee must have a rapport with customers that will enable discussion of both successful and unacceptable financial performance. The discussions may need to cause significant action in a defined time period to reduce risk to CHS Capital loan portfolio. The position requires interstate travel up to 40% of the time. Loan officers must maintain a disciplined schedule through varying levels of account requirements to meet reporting and credit renewal deadlines. Credit reporting requires a high level of accuracy for both financial and background information. The loan officer is required to analyze both audited and projected financial reports to understand credit requests and critique the proposals.
- Be accountable for developing and maintaining a client base, preparing loan recommendations based on sound financial analysis as well as direct observation and interaction with borrower accounts.
- Responsible for products and services offered through the commercial and producer financing divisions, such as cash management, leasing and producer financing as well as on-going management of the lending portfolio through periodic monitoring of financial reports from the borrower, meetings with, but not limited to account general managers, CEO's, CFO's, Controllers and boards of directors.
- Develop new customer relationships as well as continued development of existing customers.
- Develop prospect profiles by geography and pursue new credit contacts leading to added loan volume at acceptable credit quality.
- Cross selling of products and services within CHS Capital to include commercial and producer products.
- Promote other business units within the division and within CHS, Inc.
- Analyzes financial reports used to prepare credit quality and collateral updates on accounts within the portfolio.
- Periodic credit updates and annual loan renewals are prepared and presented to the loan committee for approval according to the credit policy.
- Account contacts, including loan package renewals, planning meetings, training, and asset reviews are scheduled and completed independently by the loan officer.
- Prepare and deliver CHS Capital public relations at public events such as regional cooperatives' annual meetings, cooperative manager association events, and local cooperative functions.
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years of work experience with a preference toward some management experience in a cooperative environment combined with sales and marketing and financial experience.
- Must be a self-starter and must be willing to deliver tough messages to customers when necessary.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to effectively present financial and non-financial information to a diverse audience through written mediums and in small and large group presentations is essential to success in this position.
- Must have the ability to analyze financial data in depth.
- Must be attentive to detail and also be able to work with spreadsheets, presentation programs, word processing programs and databases.
- Must have an understanding of M.S. applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 19 months ago
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...