Education, Certification & Licenses:|
This position requires knowledge of eCommerce and business
acquired through formal education or 2 - 3 years on-the-job application.
Also required is computer proficiency in spreadsheet software and word
processing. Equivalent to a Bachelors degree in business
administration or related field.
Minimum 3 years experience in business systems and/or web
application analysis with prior experience in a retail eCommerce, B2B,
B2C, internet direct marketing or E-Procurement environment
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
ATG, Mainframe, Race, SAP, CatBox, Quality Center, Remedy, MS
Access, SharePoint, Tibco and/or WebMethods a plus
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Written and verbal communication skills
Organization and project management skills
Ability to communicate with business and technical resources
effectively and proactively
Ability to apply technical constraints of the system environments
to overall business applications system design
Knowledge of different eCommerce and Internet technologies
Computer literate and internet savvy
The Analyst, Business - eCommerce is responsible for ensuring business
objectives of a project are met, while effectively coordinating the full
development and support cycles of the project with business sponsors and
technical staff. This position will develop solutions to business and
technical objectives for less complex projects or applications.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Gather, analyze, and validate requirements, resulting in detailed
business rules, functional requirements and process design.
2. Create detailed process flow design, conduct user acceptance
testing, application testing, and rollout new and modified functionality
deployed on the eCommerce website applications.
3. Interview and assist in the resolution of issues with
stakeholders business rules, operations specifications, and interface
4. Create design specs for business logic, screens, and feature
functionality that are clear and complete; specs shall be used for
development, testing and training.
5. Prepare graphical depictions of use cases (activity diagrams,
system context diagrams, sequence diagrams, use case diagrams, wire
frames, etc.) to be reviewed by manager or higher level analyst.
6. Identify system, data and process dependencies for upstream and
downstream application data flow.
7. Support the quality assurance testing to ensure that business
requirements are being addressed in the test plans.
8. Facilitate the communication and rollout of new feature
functionality to the field including customer service centers (CSC) and
9. Perform detailed business and systems analysis, impact analysis,
and risk analysis on various processes within eCommerce.
10. Work closely with user interface web designers to create screen
layouts with emphasis on user-friendliness, clarity and consistency with
applications and standards; assist with developing new standards.
11. Communicate business requirements to developers; interact with
information technology (IT) development team to clarify and resolve any
12. Work closely with data architects, developers, test managers,
business stakeholders and project managers to achieve project objectives
in defined time frames.
13. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
OfficeMax - 7 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...