Job Title: Systems Operation Team Lead
Job Summary: This individual will lead a team responsible for the configuration, implementation and maintenance of systems and applications for our On Demand infrastructure running RedHat Enterprise Linux and VMware ESX.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure uptime for all production systems in a 24/7 environment.
• Provide on-call support on a rotating schedule.
• Automation of repetitive tasks.
• Ensure that valid backups are created.
• Performance analysis and tuning.
• System and application monitoring and alerting.
• Ensuring network and system security
• Regularly document system changes and procedures.
• Manage the physical infrastructure in our Datacenters
Education & Work Experience:
• BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Must have strong experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5.
• Experience with VMware ESX or vSphere.
• Demonstrated ability with perl, bash or equivalent languages.
• Experience with Apache, MySQL and PHP.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and Internet protocols
• Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, advanced problem solving and troubleshooting
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Must be able to work well in a team.
• Flexible and easily adaptable to change.
• RHCE certification desired.
• Experience with Tomcat, Cisco equipment or Oracle is a plus.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...